• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

6WD Punisher Build Thread!

luke1983

! looks brilliant!

Cheers Glyn

Got to say this looks fantastic, Id race it at the nationals as an outlaw   :thumbsup:

Well done, great work 

Cheers Rover,a few finishing touches to do yet though mate.  I plan to fit some headlights and rear lights, maybe with working brake lights but haven't looked into it much yet.

I do know I'll be buying a set that just plugs in as I've tried soldering on my old AE SC8 and gave up in the end, too fiddly for my shovel hands! Anybody know of a good set I can just plug in that won't break the bank?

Also need to sort this pipe situation out too.  Then i'll see what breaks and needs upgrading!! Endless innit!?!?!

Is there an 'outlaws' class?  Don't reckon it'll win awt but it'd be good to see what it could do!!

I like it you have got a nice looking truck now. I'd be a little fed up by now waiting that long for the exhaust, I very nearly had some video footage of my 6x6 in the quarry but I landed a jump wrong and blew my centre diff so it all had to be stripped down to repair and rebuild it so hopefully next time out it lasts longer than 5 minutes

Repair & Rebuild is all part of the fun I reckon dude, frustrating though I know.  Shame about not getting any footage but I'm sure it'll come.  Look forward to it and thanks for your compliments.  Any info on the wheels yet?

Edited by luke1983

Still no pipes so I've spoken to the supplier or more precisely left him a message as he never answers the phone that i would like to cancel the order & want my money back. I don't reckon that is too much to ask after four months waiting!

Edited by luke1983

I bet it turn's up tomorrow now that you have asked for your money back. As for your lights have a look at Cml or Ansmann they do lights for rock crawlers and drift cars and they should run fine on 6volts

Edited by simplton27

I bet it turn's up tomorrow now that you have asked for your money back. As for your lights have a look at Cml or Ansmann they do lights for rock crawlers and drift cars and they should run fine on 6volts

Aye probably!

Found some good sets this morning on rc lights dot com. I'll be able to get loads of bits if he refunds my dosh for the pipes

Edited by luke1983
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evening Folks & I hope you've all had a good sunny weekend too! 

Big thanks to Alan from Triple A Racing for his help over the past few weeks in making my body mounts for me.  They work and fit perfectly - I never doubted you Al, just my own measurements and angles, only got one or two wrong though! I'll be looking at the flatbed bit over the next week or so too. 

This one shows it all fitted and ready to go. I can switch on/off, refuel and start all with the body on which is good as it's a bit of a job to get it on and off.  Not least because of the size; its 110 cm long!

I still need to figure out where to mount the side posts as if they go on the bottom of the chassis I'd be worried about them ripping off and the only place that they'll fit on top of the chassis is the fuel tank which might work but doesn't look very good. Als, due to my poor measurement there is about an inch spare 'side' which goes past the bottom of the chassis!  Dunno how I managed to over measure it so much but better too big than too small eh!?

I was also looking at the front bumper today.  The shell has a big foam type filler for the back of its bumper which on the FG i guess would attach to the chassis - its a lot higher on this but I reckon we could fashion summat out of some perspex - I'll have a play and see what I come up with.

gallery_15232_2095_233968.jpg

All I want to do now before I declare the project complete is:

1) fit some head lights,tail lights and working brake lights - that has all been ordered and hopefully will be done next weekend or so.  Might do some orange sidelights too but we'll see...

2) Sort out the exhaust.  You can see from the pic below that the current set up,whilst functional is far from ideal.  Plus I want it to look like a proper truck stack.  I've got a few ideas up my sleeve for that!

3)  Add a few scale type details like a mock fuel tank and other bits on the opposite side.  As far as a mock fuel tank goes I'm toying with the idea of raiding the kitchen cupboards and fashioning one out of a tupperware type container.  I've also got some bit which I got a selection of nails in which will work for a cabinet of some description as you get on the side of truck to store tools and stuff.  This is growing arms and legs all over the shop now!

gallery_15232_2095_688827.jpg

A couple more pics from today. Didn't manage to get out for a run today as I have sealed the rear diff so need to let that dry. Hard work as patience is definitely not my thing. If the weather is good next weekend it will be ran!Still had a whole afternoon tinkering with it in the garage.  I have bolted the rear mudguard part to the main piece, mainly to straighten it out.  I think that as it is so long it is inevitably bending- the bolts sort it out but I might run a bit of Ali down the right angle parts from front to back to maintain it all the way.

gallery_15232_2095_1088753.jpg

gallery_15232_2095_1658479.jpg

Edited by luke1983
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...