• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what do you think of traxxas as a company.

RCbutcher

Yeah I read the maxx likes to snapp in half but I have only seen one snap the front end off on youtube.

There's loads of we want threads on traxxas and a popular one is an amphibious summit with propellers which I thought omg

Traxxas make models that sell.

Mostly to beginners hence the RTR with everything in the box, hence the advertising in the non-RC world, hence the big top speed claims on the box etc.

They innovate, but only to open up new markets. They can be incredibly clever at car design, thinking up stuff nobody else considered, but then don't develop it. The thing is it doesn't affect sales - newbies don't know there are faults until later, and more experienced people either buy knowing they have to replace, or don't buy

As a whole they deliberately aim to avoid direct competition for new models. For example - why no 1/8th? The answer is simple, Traxxas can't make a 1/8th better than any other out there, so why bother?

Now on the whole, this sounds like a slating but in a way its not. Traxxas are a company, acting like a company. Its not like Tamiya don't spend more time re-releasing old designs than making new ones, or HPI doesn't keep taking old Hot Bodies vehicles, renaming them and releasing them as a 'new' model.

• Like 1

My opinion of TRX isnt great, out of over 51 RC`s I own 1 TRX product a 1/16 slash vxl. What really does my head in with them, is where are the kits?

Dont they realise people like to build stuff?

I personally dont like rtr`s very much. And think that TRX are to blame for rtr , and trying to kill of kit builds.

Would I buy more TRX products if they did kits?

Probably not.

I just emailed them to ask if the electronics flat rate repair fee applies to the UK. I suspect not but I am hoping they might have an arrangement with the distributor. If they say I have to post back to the US then I will not be impressed. Until I hear from them I will reserve judgement. I would agree with the comments on below par transmissions. It's not really good enough to sell the same old gear year after year when technology has moved on.

Traxxas is imported into the UK by LogicRC.

Traxxas shut their own UK office a couple of years ago.

shows how out of date my traxxas knowledge is........ until the stampede, not owned one for a while before that......

one thing in there defense, my 5 yr old lad has a stampede xl-5 and he his over the moon with it. stands up to his driving quite nicely :xd::xd:

I got an old Stampede too ... bought it for my youngest boy to muck about with. It's great fun, parts are cheap and it takes massive abuse. IT no longer has any stock electrics on it...with a 9T EZRun and a hitec steering servo and Ansmann 2.4Ghz 2 channel radio. It's had a few upgrades, and a few replacement parts....It's going to get some RPM arms after he broke one...but otherwise it's been good.

I also had ( now sold on) a Revo .... so I don;t have anything particularly against Traxxas.....and have sampled their wares....

Just think they need to get off their corporate backsides and revise some of their models which badly need it.

yeah the simplicity of the old stampede does take some beating, so in some respects there bang on the mark, others are way off.

i do like the xl5 esc`s too though, great for scale trucks being waterproof and all.

casting my mind back to traxxas i have owned......

2x 1/10th 2wd slashes.

2x mini slashes.

1x merv

2x ken block rallys

1x rustler vxl

1x stampede xl5 (the lads current one)

1x stampede 4x4 vxl

so ive had a few........ :whistling::whistling::whistling:

I've come to the conclusion based on this thread that I have no desire for an Traxxas product, but I'd rather like to buy some shares in the company all the same......

• Like 1