• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wet Runnings

benmaffin

Yes oil the outer too. Don't leave them dripping. Get them well oiled in a plastic bag then dab them with some kitchen towel to remove excess oil and they're good to go.

Sound I'll do that. :-)

Its fine, keep receiver in plastic balloon and bash all weathers :D

Plastic balloon? Is there some sort of all weather proofing you can buy, or is this literally a balloon?

Radio boxes are not sealed....so watre can get in. Usually..it can't get out! Wrapping your receiver in a balloon means it won;t get soggy. Still avoid puddles though.....unless you want to go the whole hog and waterproof the servos etc. but even then, you run the risk of getting water where you really don't want it.

I don;t like running with the outer filter foam oiled. I always run mine dry, as it stops the fine dust sticking to it and clogging it up. What I prefer to do is make my own waterproof cover for the air filter.

All you need is a plastic spray can top or similar. One that fits over your air filter and leaves a small gap diwn the sides. Drill a hole through the end in the centre. Take out hte little screw that holds on the end cap of hte filter, pop the filter over and refit the screw. Job done

I don't like running with the outer filter foam oiled. I always run mine dry, as it stops the fine dust sticking to it and clogging it up. What I prefer to do is make my own waterproof cover for the air filter.

I assumed you weren't meant to run the outer one wet as it would get gunked up. I'm liking the idea of the aerosol can lid though. :-)