• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Gaming headset time.

Highlander

Asus republic of Gamers ANC. Havent had a set of gaming headphones that have ever sounded as good. Plus the active noise cancelling is amazing. Even voted as the best by Custom PC mag as well. its dont just take my word for it lol.

Just dont buy any USB headphones they are terrible. And if you use a set of USB headphones then that lovly little sound card built into your Sabertooth is useless.

And the Rebublic of gamers Vulcans are the only 3.5mm audio jack headphones with ANC. all the others are USB (USB = Retarded Console peasant headphones)

Edited by cerbrus2

Don't buy any gaming bull****. You're simply buying into marketing for **** sound and a higher price tag. If this is for PC only like I'm assuming the Audio Technica AD700 is perfect. Astros are crap in terms of build quality, sound and just about everything compared. The AD700s are insanely comfortable and have the best soundstage of any headphones in the price range.

A Gaming headset to me is one that connects via the PC,Xbox and PS3 and allows you to communicate with friends & people. I looked through the first 10 pages of that site and didnt see at least one gaming headset.

The AD700's are no use to me. :lol:

That list seems purely for music headphones and the ratings are community based, If people with astro's dont ever bother to go on websites like that then there's the reason there not ranked.

Edited by Highlander

Well 3 people in this thread say get astro's, The 25 odd reviews ive read and watched have all rated them 8-9/10. Every product out there gets bad ratings.

It is for PC mainly with the odd Xbox like i said earlier on.

I have a Blue yeti standing mic already however i prefer built in ones when gaming.

Im not after a set of hifi headphones to make Skrillex or whatever sound ERH MAH GERD.

I wanted a gaming headset purely for gaming with the odd movie every now and then, they have the mic built in already and are great for hearing footsteps and the likes.

The whole reason i liked my trittons was the fact they had 5 speakers in each ear and could tune the sound to the games i play and hear the quieter sounds.

The AD700's cant be all that great, the first 4 reviews on Google all say they lack Bass.

They are a bit bass light, but if you are purely gaming with them it doesn't matter.

Just because Beats get good reviews on Amazon doesn't mean they are good headphones. Headphones with surround sound are notoriously poor and it's all marketing.

Still, if you want the Astros get them. They aren't awful but are by no means better than a proper pair of headphones for gaming. Plus the AD700s are some of the most comfortable headphones out there. Put a post up on any proper headphone forum and ask people who actually own both headsets.

They really won't. Some headphones need amps but both astros and AD700s have such low impedance that it doesn't matter. If you care that much about the source buy an external DAC, it will help but an amp is more important.

Having 5 drivers that close to the ear doesn't really help anything though, it's just too close to make any difference to the sound. What I mean is that the review situation doesn't really help you decide, people that have things will always review them well unless they are really terrible.

I've used a cheap gioteck hedset for awhile and it was great I just brought a turtle beach and if it wasn't for the fact I get game sound thru the turtle beach I would have stuck with the gio can't fault it but having the game sound is great you can hear a lot more than thru the tv.