• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

nook race way

koroshko

I've been racing the RRCi Rallycross Buggies.

The Nook at wakefield was the first track in the series. I agree with what you have read, petrol only.

Check the video out here:

http://glypo.co.uk/rrci/wakefield.php

Dez Chand is the editor of RRCi magazine and a very skilled driver indeed. You can see just how much work he had to put in to get it around the track. For less experinced drivers it is fustrating. The bumps are too great for rallycross buggies in my eyes.

There are some good tracks up north though, perhaps have a look at Pendle, at a guess about an hours drive from Leeds?

Doncaster Nitro Club's old track was great, but now they've moved somewhere else and i haven't been since. check out the site though:

www.doncasternitroclub.co.uk

The Nook sounds good from what a mate has told me (RC Kev on this forum) but he has petrol FGs so i dont think that really helps although people with Savs do go too.

The Nook sounds good from what a mate has told me (RC Kev on this forum) but he has petrol FGs

That sums it up in my eyes. Petrols can't do the big jumps, hence to the comment above there is no big jumps. They are too heavy and rip up the track on landing. There is already enough holes at the Nook as is.

They do race buggies and trucks, I just think the track is too bumpy for them. Trucks will be better then buggies with their bigger tyres though. If it's rallycross racing you are after try Pendle, after all they did hold the Euros not too many years back and it's still a good facility for decent buggy racing.

not that much at all!!

£20 per year inc. BRCA too, so you're insured no matter where you go with your RC! i think if you already have BRCA its like a tenner a year. once you're a member its £6 per race day (one sunday per month) and practice sessions are free all year round ;)

http://nookraceway.com/main.asp?content=ab...ail=race%20fees

nar i haven't been able to get up there yet, too many exams and revision getting in the way. damn i aint even had the Sav out for a few weeks :( never mind gone to a track lol

i might get her ot this afternoon if the weather cools down a little ;)

im thinking of going at the start of next year cos memberships are yearly starting from december or january (cant remember which)

join their forum and see what the users think of it, im sure they will have an opinion and a few tips for the track for ya ;)

ye i looked on their forum that where i found that it more for petros. the GCSE's suck at min managed to get my car out for an hour last weeken at templa newsan which is a gd place to drive. gt a vid aswell but in quicktime and i wanted to add it to a little window movie maker movie of my car.