• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Baja 5b ss pipe ?

rcstarz

Now before you lot start yes i know there are alot of threads about this but with no definate answer as many dont state what they want from an exhaust pipe... now im after low end poke to mid end... top end doesnt really bother me too much i want the power out of the corners...

At the moment this car is still in kit form..., ive bought this with intention of getting loads of integy and innotive parts etc before i start building as i see no point in building when im going to strip parts off to replace them lol

I also want a pipe that looks good, i kinda like the ones that sweep round and through the back like the predater v2 pipe etc...

Sound has to be a facter too im afraid i would like it to have a nice loud sound too it...

Now if anyone could give personall experiences etc that would be awsome as no good getting advice on a pipe when the persons never had one haha

Cheers

Vrc bigbore will really wake that up

And is loud lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

so willthe ddm dominator v2, its like the sweeping predator pipe but gives low end power and is somewhat potected a little by the rear bumper if you get one.

so willthe ddm dominator v2, its like the sweeping predator pipe but gives low end power and is somewhat potected a little by the rear bumper if you get one.

the bumper gives NO protection there is a special name given to the crack created by a dominator which is dom rage, doesn't matter if its a v1 or v2

F4E63738.jpg

that crack came when using a massive rear bumper and occurred from a slight roll.

Edited by norcoforever

the stock ss pipe is properly loud and doesn't give bad performance but the loudest pipe i have heard is my friends predator however iafter my experiences and other i have seen i cannot suggest a rear pipe the victory big bore is a properly loud meaty sounding pipe =D

the bumper gives NO protection there is a special name given to the crack created by a dominator which is dom rage, doesn't matter if its a v1 or v2

F4E63738.jpg

that crack came when using a massive rear bumper and occurred from a slight roll.

That's why I cut my DOM in half and joined it with silicone pipe. Lasted for two years until I landed it on the rear bumper, instead of destroying the head it blew a

Had an X-can .... and it was awful. As much power as a gutted stock can. Short stingers covered the car in goo, long stingers kept unscrewing.....got rid

Had an SS pipe .... not bad for power, but the noise was a bit high pitched. Pain to fit with it's curly pigtail header. Liked it. Then following a cartwheeling crash, it ended up squashed into the back of the engine and squashed right out of shape. Too far gone to save...so I sold it on E-Bay for

Had an X-can .... and it was awful. As much power as a gutted stock can. Short stingers covered the car in goo, long stingers kept unscrewing.....got rid

Had an SS pipe .... not bad for power, but the noise was a bit high pitched. Pain to fit with it's curly pigtail header. Liked it. Then following a cartwheeling crash, it ended up squashed into the back of the engine and squashed right out of shape. Too far gone to save...so I sold it on E-Bay for

The gbe hornet is very good and well protected along with the Cpi pipe if want to go rear ... Would steer clear of pred pipes since kenny( aka fuild rc) stopped making them the build quality is shocking and the exit is to high that suffers from bending... Samba no aswell as spoke to Paul cannot remember username said bends way to easy at the header ... The question is do u want performance as the side pipes offer alot more than any rear pipe as u have way more space to build pipe

I had a vrc pipe which was loosing its colour and decided i just wanted a change so i bought a shiny new dom clone pipe which is LOUD and i like it better than the vrc pipe tbh lol :)
which Vrc and what engine cause the pro pipes only really work well on higher cc ported engine the normal ones and big bore work better with smaller cc engines

which Vrc and what engine cause the pro pipes only really work well on higher cc ported engine the normal ones and big bore work better with smaller cc engines

I had this on a 26cc zenoah engine http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/victory-rc-rear-tuned-pipe-for-hpi-baja-5b-5t-fd19x.html then i ****** up the head so got a 26cc chung yang atm

Mid to top end pipe would still produce more power than a dom just higher up the rev range . And those Vrc rear pipes man do the smash easy done one of those in past ... My fav pipe is the bigboss but can only really run on a 5t with a shell