• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TT01D Type E - Nissan 370z Build Thread

Kaine83

So my TT01D TypeE is winging its way from HK as we speak. That means I probably have a few months to figure out my first paint job. It's the endless edition shell, but I don't really fancy doing it as directed.

I've ordered some black, white, silver & cherry red. A bit of tracing & colouring later & here's my first attempt at a design. I'm no artist, but I did manage to stay inside the lines!!

516a91b7-1f11-75b9.jpg

Any constructive thoughts?

Edited by Kaine83

Well the first part of my gear has arrived. It's my first (not a toy) RC Car, so I've had to buy the whole kit & kaboodle (or kitten kaboodle as I once heard someone say!).

It's probably the least exciting part of the whole kit, but hey...

4d6ba21c-e5c4-bb0d.jpg

nice car mouse lol!!! cant wait to see it!! what is so good about deans compared to tamiya connectors?

search tamiya connectors on the search function of the forum. there will be pages explaining it all to you! and losi ec3 connectors (enclosed bullets) tend to work better :thumbsup:

Edited by big gaz

nice car mouse lol!!! cant wait to see it!! what is so good about deans compared to tamiya connectors?

Mouse was a secret Santa present. Whoever it was knows me well ;)

I noticed that the eBay seller had added a tracking number for the parcel, so i looked it up & it's been sat at the airport since the 16th "awaiting customs inspection"

Probably deciding how much import taxes they can sting me for.

It's so tantalisingly close...

• 2 weeks later...

nice MX by the way, great handling car.

Thanks. I love it. It's a real drivers car.

Got a letter through today saying there was import tax due before they could deliver it. So me and my debit card took a jolly up to gatwick and I now have it in my hands at last :)

FB45192A-F0A9-4179-AD24-D00EF826B57A-6387-000007BE18680CCA.jpg

Got going on this today. Started with a mess of parts & built my way through to the front suspension arms at which point I found that they'd given me 1 too many axles & 1 too few gearbox joints!

So progress halted now until I receive the right bit next week...

I would have painted the body today, but I still can't decide on a paint job.

Edited by Kaine83

Another possible design, terrible drawing, but it gives you the idea:

516a91b7-c7fe-296a.jpg

The candy red I had came out quite pink, so I probably won't use it now. I got some blue and some racing green. So I may use the racing green for the upper third of this design so it's three tone rather than two tone.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Kaine83