• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

breaking in

geordierc

You should always have a light trail of blue smoke from the exhaust.If it is still spitting fuel from the exhaust then you are probably running to rich,start leaning it out with 1/8 turns clockwise on the HSN. :thumbsup:

Right got down to the bottom of my fule bottle today and it ran fine for a bit then cut out and wont start could the fule be stale ... Any 1 no of cheap places to buy os8 plugs ang fule from

You need to 'prime' the fuel - this is either a primer bulb in the fuel tank, a fuel filter with bulb on it, or simply by covering the exhaust as you try starting.

Do this with the glow igniter on the plug and once it kicks, DO NOT prime anymore.

If you try too hard you'll flood the engine - simply remove the plug, invert and turn over the engine with the rotostart or pullstart a few times.

I do suggest you check the plug first - remove it and place it as you would normally on the igniter and see if it glows - may need replacing.

Al.

I have had no tym but hopefully will get it out today if thr weather stays nice i have some os8 plugs and 20% fuel coming today will try tuneing see how it goes will the new plugs sort the problem of stalling when the igniter is removed