• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

A Bit of Help Please

:: blade ::

hi all, sorry to bother youwith these silly questions, ive done a search and tbh its confusing the hell out of me :D

basically i have rebuilt my old tamiya TL-01 its got a few mods, but im in need of a new motor and esc and battery and charger, im just unsure as what to get and what will work well with my car to get the most out of it

the mods that it has already are:

alloy prop shaft

speed tuned gears

full bearing set

carbon gear shafts

it basically going to be used on a car park, for a bit of drifting and some fast racing so needs to be quick and be able to drift :) i want to to be on par wth my mates nitro car but i know that wont happen as i would need to be brushless, but as close would be good :). when i get some money together i will be going for a decent nitro car :) but this eectric beast will have to do :) but if you can get me some links for decent bits that would be a great help :)

cheers all :D

battery

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/orion-sport-power-pack-4500-7.2v-/rc-car-products/37587

charger

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fusion-vector-nx85-delta-peak-ac-dc-charger/rc-car-products/37637

i have both, well 4 of the batterys and i get about 35 mins run time with the esc and motor drifting :D

on a standard tamiya esc and motor its close to an hour run time!!

one hint i am on the second charger as i dont think they like charging on 5amps all the time so i charge on 3.5 now but it doesnt take long to charge them. i'm very very pleased with all of the above mate :D

i have some drift tyres in my list as i have some wheels atm, need to decided on a shell and wheel set then :) but will be getting the shell 1st, measuring it up and seeing what wheels i will need :) as knowing my luck i will get the shell and wheels, and the wheels will sit too far in and look funny :)