• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Esc/lipo/rx problems

naymo

Morning all,

I put a 120a esc in the firestorm and nimh cells the rx/esc fires up no probs but on lipo its hit n miss??

Example, everythings plugged in and programmed but when i switch esc on the receiver just flashes (also steering does not operate?) if i flick the switch a few times only then does it come alive. if i then switch it off then back on the same happens where the receiver just flashes, i have tried another receiver but the same happens. If i plug a nimh in all is fine???

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by naymo

Morning all,

I put a 120a esc in the firestorm and nimh cells the rx/esc fires up no probs but on lipo its hit n miss??

Example, everythings plugged in and programmed but when i switch esc on the receiver just flashes (also steering does not operate?) if i flick the switch a few times only then does it come alive. if i then switch it off then back on the same happens where the receiver just flashes, i have tried another receiver but the same happens. If i plug a nimh in all is fine???

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

What lipo are you using ( full spec please )? Could be a voltage or connector issue ( bad joint ), or maybe an LVC issue with the esc- assuming the batts are fully charged?

My sprint does that now and then only for a second I don't have a clue about esc and batteries sorry. I'm going to Lipo soon do i have to change settings on the esc its a motiv esc and warp motor 57oo the Lipo is 2s zippy 5.8?

My sprint does that now and then only for a second I don't have a clue about esc and batteries sorry. I'm going to Lipo soon do i have to change settings on the esc its a motiv esc and warp motor 57oo the Lipo is 2s zippy 5.8?

No need to change any esc settings other than turning on the LVC setting. If there isn't one, then ebay > lipo alarm = that'll do the trick nicely.