• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage in need of HELP!

Callyakn

So, i landed the car nose (or rear cant remember) first, from about a foot drop.. and now the pinion doesnt line up with the main gear... i know it cant be the chasis bending because it wasnt a serious crash.. so has anyone got any ideas of whats happened? and how i can fix it! thankyou

IMG_0698-1.jpg

IMG_0696-1.jpg

IMG_0697-2.jpg yes, that screw is missing, only noticed after i had crashed it.. surely cant be the reason though?

Take the engine out, there will be 4 screws under it on the mount plate. Make sure they are tight and thread lock them if you have any. That should sort it.

And based on the bend it probably landed nose first :)

Edited by sickass_smithy

You don't need to remove the engine, just loosen the bolts and wiggle it back into place making sure your mesh is good. You can straighten the chassis back up with a pair of mole grips fairly easily, but you would have to remove the TVP's. It may be a good idea to take it apart anyway and give it a good check over. I had my savage runaway on me and it lept a curb flat out, jumped about 20 foot and landed in a fence :xd: thought it was unharmed- but itwasn't till I took it apart I found this....

SAM_2835.jpg

Looks like the engine plate is bent ,it might be worth taking the whole thing out (engine and plate unfortunately) to check it. Savvys dont like bent engine plates! .Check the 2 braces that hold the engine plate as well.If either the plate or the braces are bent, you could straighten them, but have found from experience that its easier to replace them :thumbsup:.

Cheers lads! Sounds like a lot of work for someone with so little time haha, anyone wanna buy it? It's in awesome condition minus this slight problem haha

haha yeah ive been there aswell mate

got it fixed i think... may do more damage than good, but i unscrewed the engine from the base plate so it could slide left to right, and simply slid it to the left towards the gear,

if its still at that angle then your spur will wear very quickly. try what i said above, providing the threads in the chassis brace are ok the screws under the engine should pull it back down

Looking from the side picture (last picture you posted) the purple engine plate looks to be raised at the back slightly, this will cause the engine to tilt forward and knock the mesh out between the clutch bell and spur gear. Engine out job and like others have said the screws holding the plate to the cross braces will be loose or the rear cross brace might be bent slightly. nothing a hammer will sort ;)

the engine plate has always sat like that (i always thought it was raised at the back) but i think thats normal? unless someone shows me otherwise.. haha its been running fine today, the gears look fine, but ill keep an eye out for wear, cheers again lads, positive feedback has been helpful