• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

I must say they look awesome! How do you like them?

from the running i`ve done with them there one of the best tyres i`ve used for a offroad car so much grip on looser stuff and even on tarmac. when i first tried them on the track i use i had so much more traction than the stocks ones i could actually drive it in a straight line full throttle from a standing start without it trying to swap the front end rear end with each other as the grip level with stock is shocking to say the least if i were to buy another set of tyres it would be these again 

• 3 weeks later...

He an issue with the XS after only it's third outing. Stripped it down and it looks like the grub screw had become stripped or become busted and it wasn't in place.

Is it worth using glue to keep in place once a new one is ordered?

Yes get some blue threadlock as its a common problem 

Also does the traxxas 17mm hex conversion fit the xs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i don`t think so as you would need to drill out the pin hole on the axle to accept the bigger pins and there is`nt much meat on the stock ones so they might not last long 

I've decided that the Savage XS isn't the car for me. I've had a look on EBay for secondhand prices but how much would a boxed as new Savage XS flux, used five times, in good clean condition (few scratches on roof) be likely to sell for?

As much as I enjoy it I'd rather get something bigger which is easier for me to work on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Evening all! I mainly use my xs as my back yard basher as i run an electric and petrol baja but EVERY time i run it something fails on me. I was getting my rc fix this weekend and there was an awful clicking noise that was more noticable on braking, from last weekend i had replaced the pinion in the rear diff and i noticed that there is a lot of front to rear play in the drive cup input, is this normal or should ot be shimmed?? I am on my 2nd esc as the first one failed and was replaced by HPI and this one cuts out very early due to overheating?! Will connecting the fan directly on the battery input wires have any detrimental effect long term? I have tried it directly on a lipo and boy does it move air! Also do the HD cups hold up well?

Cheers peeps

Naymo

I bought mine a few months ago and it's annoying me now. I'm using 3S but it seems very slow to me, it didn't seem right so I put it on the shelf until I got a program card.

Today I decided to try again, I've recalibrated it, changed the punch to 0% and 100% but the thing seems to just hesitate and is slow. It can only just do a wheelie when they usually backflip on 2s?

I bought mine a few months ago and it's annoying me now. I'm using 3S but it seems very slow to me, it didn't seem right so I put it on the shelf until I got a program card.

Today I decided to try again, I've recalibrated it, changed the punch to 0% and 100% but the thing seems to just hesitate and is slow. It can only just do a wheelie when they usually backflip on 2s?

did you change the gearing in the centre gearbox to the 3s one 

I was told it was set up for 3s when I bought it. Never thought to check the slipper, looks like fun too :(

the easist wasy to check the slipper is take of the roll bar and the brace underneath then you may need to remove the esc aswell but its only a few screw`s and i wouldnt trust any one if they say its 3s ready i would check it to make sure