• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Room for one more? Another Hyper 7 Brushless Conversion

Cheers mate :) another motor on the way tomorrow as my 1900 lasted no time at all!

Fitted my virus towers and hooked up a twin fan unit ready for the new motor (precautionary measure really, mainly for summer use, pushes plenty of air!), looking forward to having a play!

f51edcc6.jpg

i'd fit a bec mate with all those fans you dont want to overload your esc's bec

also get 4s, 2s only gives you about 20 mph with your old setup and probably only a touch more with your new can

Edited by sickass_smithy

I sprayed the outside cos it's an old tired shell that had already been painted badly outside by the previous owner :( I will order an uncut shell and spray it properly when I get the money :) this paint job has done well with the amount of time the things spent upside down sliding along the road haha

Bec wise, yeah I need to order another after mine went missing in the post! Fairly easy to make my own tbh, just need a switching volt regulator, just serif I can be bothered :P

Got my new motor in today and the things a ripper, so much fun! Shame im still waiting for a new power switch for my fly sky, as it keeps cutting out when I'm playing :( hopefully I can sort that tomorrow :)

I sprayed the outside cos it's an old tired shell that had already been painted badly outside by the previous owner :( I will order an uncut shell and spray it properly when I get the money :) this paint job has done well with the amount of time the things spent upside down sliding along the road haha

Bec wise, yeah I need to order another after mine went missing in the post! Fairly easy to make my own tbh, just need a switching volt regulator, just serif I can be bothered :P

Got my new motor in today and the things a ripper, so much fun! Shame im still waiting for a new power switch for my fly sky, as it keeps cutting out when I'm playing :( hopefully I can sort that tomorrow :)

I sell BEC's mate pm sent.

I have already bought 2 off you before chap, last one didnt turn up so you refunded me! The first one ended up as part of my electronic gears prototype for bikes :)

Wired up my fans to another deans plug coming off the battery leads with a seperate switch, won't stress my ESC BEC now which is good! not sure if the fans are even necessary, motor stays nice and cool without but it does help keep the car balanced weright wise so they can stay for now (and im sure some decent summer days will make them worthwhile!)

Cars spending most of its time upside down atm, it really dislikes bumps of any form...anything i should be looking at setup wise? Theres a billion different holes for the suspension but im not sure which places are a good start... i also need to sort my tyres out with some tape inside, the balloon like crazy, even with 2s :S

Running the fans from the battery is ok as a temporary measure but don't forget to disconnect them when you go 4s :P or they will blow and not in the useful way :)

I think the fans probably will be necessary when you go 4s as the track star isn't really a cool running motor