• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight upgrades and hop-ups and meny more

Sheilstar12

Hi I am new to the Losi M8 and have been reading this great forum...I know it was ages ago this question came up (but I only just read it)...someone was asking about aluminium gear box covers....found these (and aluminium everything else in a range of colours!) at:http://www.asiatees.com/model?Team Losi-Mini 8IGHT-Parts-Hop-Ups&brand=Team Losi&model=Mini 8IGHTLook the part...not sure if they're any good...pretty pricey but then some peeps seem to have spent loadsamoney on their m8...No-one else has mentioned them in this forum...anyone heard anything about them?Hmmmm....shiny!MarkSent using Tapatalk HD

There GPM Rc if you read the review on the forum people say there not very good soft

But I don't know as I have never used them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just,purchased a mini eight and want to upgrade to a lipo, where's a good place to get one, I use the toys.com a lot but need to find more places!!

hobbyking is a great place and i had got my lipos from there and i haven't had a problem with them or there service. 

hey guess. i really like how my losi mini 8ight is handling but after i had that problem i haven't driven it since. i am thinking of putting a new motor but there are so many out there. any suggestions. i want something with a bit more power.

update:

bought a body shell and just thinking of what i should do with it? any suggestions.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone run the traxxas response wheels and three on thier 8?I have a set sitting here brand new and was thinking that if I buy an 8 they would add a bit of ground clearance and be ideal as it will only be a basher.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone run the traxxas response wheels and three on thier 8?I have a set sitting here brand new and was thinking that if I buy an 8 they would add a bit of ground clearance and be ideal as it will only be a basher.

no, but i am thinking of getting a pair. they go well with a phat truggy bodyshell.  :thumbsup:

no, but i am thinking of getting a pair. they go well with a phat truggy bodyshell.  :thumbsup:

Yep I have seen them fitted and look the perfect size.A guy on another forum runs them with 3s and 16/60 gearing with no heat issues but that's with a merv motor.

Recommend TRX1942, its a big pack of long and short ends and only a couple of quid more than just buying four. Always useful things to have lying around the toolbox for future projects so the surplus will get used :)

Thanks mate I will order a pack :thumbsup: .I have ordered some traxxas 1/10th ali shock caps as I read they are a straight swap for the losi ones.Hope that's rite but until it all turns up I don't know.

Just bought myself a mini 8ight wanted one for ages lol it looks completely standard apart from the t-bone front bumper is there any upgrades you would recommend and is it worth a combo upgrade also what 2s and 3s Lipos should I buy (still got the standard lipo tray in) thanks

Edited by big-beefy-1978

Get rid of the stock ESC and replace it for a hobby wing 35amp ESC, the stock one is only 18amp

Change the tx for a decent one as the stock one is rubbish, it'll stop working after a few weeks/months...well mine and a few others I know had to replace it quite early

Get some turnigy 2s lipos but make sure you get some that's the same size or smaller then the NiMH battery

Replace the plastic top deck for the r sector carbon top deck, makes changing spurs alot easier 

Get a rw racing spur 

Get rid of the stock ESC and replace it for a hobby wing 35amp ESC, the stock one is only 18amp

Change the tx for a decent one as the stock one is rubbish, it'll stop working after a few weeks/months...well mine and a few others I know had to replace it quite early

Get some turnigy 2s lipos but make sure you get some that's the same size or smaller then the NiMH battery

Replace the plastic top deck for the r sector carbon top deck, makes changing spurs alot easier

Get a rw racing spur

It has already got the cf top deck mate but didn't no if this was standard or not lol I have got my flysky radio gear in it and looking at the spur it looks like a gold colour so not sure if that's already upgraded as well mate I'm also after some 3s Lipos if that's possible

Yeah the Merv ones do, that's what I'm using at the mo 

I think I have read somewhere the Merv lipos fit the mini 8 ok?

The gold colour is because of the pinion, mines plastic and its gone gold on the teeth. With 3s lipos as stated above the Merv batteries fit and you can get 3s lipos again from hobbyking which fit but make sure you check the size of the pack. 

The gold colour is because of the pinion, mines plastic and its gone gold on the teeth. With 3s lipos as stated above the Merv batteries fit and you can get 3s lipos again from hobbyking which fit but make sure you check the size of the pack.

Ok mate thank you for your help

Ohh forgot to ask does the hobbywing 35a Esc work ok with the motor thats in the only thing I can see on the motor is horizonhobby

Ohh forgot to ask does the hobbywing 35a Esc work ok with the motor thats in the only thing I can see on the motor is horizonhobby

Yes sir, will work fine, that's the stock motor its 4500kv and 24mm in diameter. If you want to replace it look for motors between 24-28mm in diameter. If you want speed look for a dynamite fuze 6000kv or a HET 2415 6000kv motor. If you want torque look at the black mantis 28mm 4200kv motor