• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Good drift tyres

danny boy

Hey guys, ive come to ask whats a good set of drift tyres? To be fitted to some hpi wheels probably (like this http://www.modelspor...-products/33093)

Also, with solid plastic wheels im always losing the back end and it ends up facing the wrong way, would rubber wheels give an eaiser and more consistent drift? thanks :D

Edited by danny boy

If your spinning out back of the throttle fella drifting is all about control (throttle and steering) not full on speed. Ever since I started drifting I don't think I have ever used more than 1/4 1/2 throttle. Soften your front suspension and harden your rear and if you haven't already lock your rear diff.

If your spinning out back of the throttle fella drifting is all about control (throttle and steering) not full on speed. Ever since I started drifting I don't think I have ever used more than 1/4 1/2 throttle. Soften your front suspension and harden your rear and if you haven't already lock your rear diff.

Im not really using any throttle most of the time, im on a 21t brushed ansmann motor (so not fast, or powerful lol) at low end. I suppose i could give it abit more practice though. Oh and the diff is locked, first thing i did :)

Im not really using any throttle most of the time, im on a 21t brushed ansmann motor (so not fast, or powerful lol) at low end.

i can only assume your talking about the kenjo drift motor which has loads of power! it powered my scaler which weighs a fair amount and with a massive pinion which made it stupidly fast for a crawler

nothing wrong with motor

• 3 months later...