• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

****please help**** one way 2 speed bearing in my thunder tiger mta4 s28

big-beefy-1978

hi there my thunder tiger mta4 s28 does not drive it just grinds and crunches so i have stripped the gearbox box down into about 3 million bits (ha ha ha) and found that the 2 speed one way bearing locks most of the time but it also slips sometimes could this be the cause of the problems with it not driving as i can see nothing else wrong at all in there all the gears and cogs look great and all the bearings are fine please help it has been off the road for to long now and i need it back so i can break some more parts ha ha ha :hahadance:

Not familiar with the thunder tiger turcks mate but does sound like it could be that at fault, if you can get it slipping in your hand as soon as a bit of torque is put through it from the engine it'll slipp all the time IMO.

yes mate if i put it on then get it to grip by turning it left and right it will grip 7 out of 10 times but thats just by hand so like you said with the torque of the pro 28 engine i can imagine thats what the problem might be i will wait and see if anyone has any different answers before i order one but if thats the general answer then i will just order one tonight if i get enough info cheers for the help mate :thumbsup:

No probs mate, hope you get it sorted, that pin was spot on by the way :D got my engine all rebuilt and back in the savage now, fitted my 3 speed conversion kit too just gotta run it in tomorrow now ;)

no problems mate i got my engine all in today only to realise i need an airfilter but i need one with the longer neck with the engine being so much bigger the little stumpy hpi one i have just slightly hit the spur gear so i will have to sort one of them out before i can run mine :thumbsup:

Stick up a wanted mate, someone will have one. I had the same problem I had a brand new filter to fit on mine but the neck was too small so had to re-fit my standard one, gave it a clean out with nitro tho and re-oiled it ;)

just a quick update some of the parts arrived today shaft for the 4wd and the 2 speed 1 way bearing and the 1 way bearing was deffo knackered as this one is spot on very tight and not slipping at all do you think i should fit the 4wd shaft or just leave it 2wd for now? just waiting for the 2 speed shaft to arrive now