• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FlySky GT3B hacked/not hacked?

Jack R8

Hi guys just wondering whether its worth it getting the 'hacked version' of the flysky, from www.overkillrc.com

ithe base model is roughly the same price as a none hacked one but id probably upgrade the resistor etc etc

so what do you think?

thanks

I've recently hacked my Ansmann W6 myself. I did it just to get the expo working properly but the other features are nice. I'm using the latest version of psx's firmware. Full details in the manual: https://github.com/s...ANUAL-0.4.2.txt

Now there may be an issue with this as since I hacked my gt3b clone my car has been suffering from some kind of lag between me pulling the trigger or turning the wheel and the car accelerating or steering. Now I can't confirm that the hacked software is the cause of this. Could just be the transmitter or receiver getting on or even a mechanical problem in the car causing this affect. Or perhaps this was always the case and only now has my driving gotten to a level where I can notice it. However my thoughts are that it could be the software and nothing more.

Having lag when racing is a complete pain in the rear as it makes a real difference to getting the car turned in and more of a difference when I need to adjust the car's position for overtaking/evasion. It's very strange not having that direct feel. However if you are just bashing or use slow servos any way you probably won't even notice this lag and if that's the case I'd go for the hacked firmware as it actually makes the Tx perform as advertised.

Edited by Quantra

Best to do it yourself the only things that make a difference is the battery mod the wheel bearing and the screen mod the rest of it ain't worth all the money if your spending a lot of money you might as well get a speccy the new low budget one looks good

Fatboy

For anybody who doesn't feel comfortable performing this hack themselves I will soon be offering the service for around

They have good reviews, and are very cheap but they consume batterys very quickly

Neil, ive got a spectrum, and i dont like it the aerial plastic cracks when you look at it,

its all in all a rip off i bought a dx3e for

• Like 1

That is the flysky GT3B that we are all talking about. There are loads of sellers on eBay who have it in stock.

Edited by DreXeL

• 2 years later...

Here's a little video tutorial of how to hack a GT3B. Hopefully this will help some of you guys! Please enjoy and thanks for watching!

• Like 1