• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ARNE Force .28 con rod Help

GregHurst

Help!

I need to replace the con rod on an Ansmann Arne force .28 nitro engine.

Whilst out bashing with my younger brother his engine stopped so I bought it home and stripped it right down, The piston and liner look fine and show no signs of seizing, However the con rod has shattered at the bottom connecting point to the crankshaft. I have tried looking for a new conrod online but cannot find the right one only the complete liner piton and conrod.

Does anyone know where I can one or if another make will fit.

Cheers,

Greg

Yes eBay from USA any force conrod should fit and also the hpi f4.6 should fit thing is if your conrod has snapped chances are you've damaged your piston strip it and have a look get back to me and I'll point you in the right direction

Fatboy

Help!

I need to replace the con rod on an Ansmann Arne force .28 nitro engine.

Whilst out bashing with my younger brother his engine stopped so I bought it home and stripped it right down, The piston and liner look fine and show no signs of seizing, However the con rod has shattered at the bottom connecting point to the crankshaft. I have tried looking for a new conrod online but cannot find the right one only the complete liner piton and conrod.

Does anyone know where I can one or if another make will fit.

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Jay

I have a couple in a box can you put up a piccy?

Thanks, for your help,

I think i have found what I need, I now realise that the HPI F4.6, Ansmann .28 and force .28 are all the same just different heat sinks.

Yes eBay from USA any force conrod should fit and also the hpi f4.6 should fit thing is if your conrod has snapped chances are you've damaged your piston strip it and have a look get back to me and I'll point you in the right direction

Fatboy

As far as I can see, there is no damage to any of the liner or the piston. There piston is still snug in the liner, but not siezed, there are no scores, scratches on the liner or piston. I think it is worth trying a new conrod, the engine was simple to strip, no problems, will give it a clean to ensure no other damage and order a new conrod.

Any other advise?