• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

Philips heads... Oh the Joys of Second hand....

There should only be 12 Philips heads in the entire Kit. the 4 long M4 Machine screws that hold each gearbox together. The two that hold the Wing Mount onto the rear gear box/shocktower. and the Two that hold the Power switch on the receiver box...

• 8 months later...

Picked this up today :) Was just looking about for gearing tips and found your thread. Might have to take the xerun 150a 2250kv set up out my buggy by the sounds of it and put it in here. 6s fun time :)

Goes ok on this set up but need to up the pinion or get the 48 spur. Anybody got one to sell?

imag0926o.jpg

imag0931n.jpg

Which Center diff is it using at the moment? The Pro Spider diff or RTR standard diff?

Good choice by the way, HST Pro is a monster for bashing, I'd Pick one over Something Like an E-Revo any day, Tougher and much better handling :-)

Edited by GorillaZilla

Which Center diff is it using at the moment? The Pro Spider diff or RTR standard diff?

Good choice by the way, HST Pro is a monster for bashing, I'd Pick one over Something Like an E-Revo any day, Tougher and much better handling :-)

Great thanks, glad i got it. love bashing my Slash but this looks like it will eat it for breakfast! Want to take it around my local track too. Looks like standard diff. can always upgrade :) need to pick up another 150a xerun for it, do for now tho.

The steering circle is abit like a ferry, is that maybe just the large style truggy wheels do that? It looks like it has a fair amount of range left and right.

Anyway

Picked this up today :) Was just looking about for gearing tips and found your thread. Might have to take the xerun 150a 2250kv set up out my buggy by the sounds of it and put it in here. 6s fun time :)

Goes ok on this set up but need to up the pinion or get the 48 spur. Anybody got one to sell?

imag0926o.jpg

imag0931n.jpg

What diff oil you gonna run in it?

What evers in it at the moment! Suggestions? Probobly use it at the track aswell as bashing.

I started off with 20k wt in the centre diff but upped it to 50k. For the front and rear I cant remember, maybe 10k front and 7k rear

I use mine for bashing so wouldnt know what would be suitable for using on a track

is it doable to get a hyper st pro kit and decent engine/pipe/transmitter/fuel/starter box if needed and servos for

I started off with 20k wt in the centre diff but upped it to 50k. For the front and rear I cant remember, maybe 10k front and 7k rear

I use mine for bashing so wouldnt know what would be suitable for using on a track

Ok cheers. Prob run it like it is for a minute and do the diffs if i get a new centre diff. the spurs pretty worn and could do with a better motor mount.

Had abit to much fun with it tho.....

imag0941u.jpg

Picked up a cheap set of Ansmann ones for now,

I got an st pro force 36 engine all top stuff savox servos .jammin jp3 . All brand new just too nice to use always say am gonna use it then take my hyper 7 out instead . do they perform better then hyper 7 then . as i think the 7 is great

I prefer my brushless ST over my hyper 7 but the buggy is a bit more nippy, turning is tighter but I do love my truggy :)

I have heard the st pro is realy strong . Im a nitro man . The st has force 36 my hyper 7 has lrp 32 . And its stupid . never fancied brushless mate had hpi vorza fast but too quiet. he admitted ther was somethin missin ....the noise smell etc

The Hyper ST pro is a beast of a machine :)

Nitro is too noisy for where I live and as I dont have much time for my rc stuff these days, something thats plug n play is far easier and more suitable for me.

I do miss the noise sometimes :( and I did love tinkering with an engine

well, I got my ST pro as a roller from a member on here, I had a servo for the steering already. I got a used brushless motor mount and then got a a used brushless setup - the esc went up in smoke not long after lol

I got a used charger as well which is fine and some new lipos too

I bought a new esc and a bit later a new motor.

so, it hasnt cost me as much as yours has cost you - I was trying to do mine on a budget :)

Well i dont no weather to sell it as a whole let someone else enjoy it .or split it ..... dont have a clue what its worth

I think you'd get more if you were split it. Or you could convert it to brushless ;)

An ST owners thread - I never knew this was here :lol:

Sadly I sold all of mine :( I was an ST Pro enthusiast for a good while, and still think they are one of the best bashing platforms out there.

If anyone has a good condition ST Pro roller they want to part with, let me know. Must be good condition and full working order though (a clean, bonifide Pro, not an upgraded RTR).

Some nice ST's in this thread. :good: See my sig for my old build thread.

I'm tempted to buy another one and do another build thread but I just dont have the money for that now :(