• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

E-maxx brushless edition rebuild

rhyscrash

This is a truck i've owned and loved for many years. She's seen two Tm bashes and now gets a rebuild. Let me know what you think, am open to constructive criticism. That means no hpi savage fanboy's, even though she has savage wheels at mo. Trust me they will be going on the fire!

img0001lpm.th.jpg

img0006nh.th.jpg

img0009jo.th.jpg

img0016zo.th.jpg

img0018obj.th.jpg

img0022vt.th.jpg

img0023mg.th.jpg

img0027ji.th.jpg

img0029nw.th.jpg

img0033i.th.jpg

img0034oyo.th.jpg

img0036cs.th.jpg

img0041yae.th.jpg

img0044f.th.jpg

img0045lf.th.jpg

img0048nh.th.jpg

img0049rk.th.jpg

img0050wq.th.jpg

img0051nb.th.jpg

img0052uy.th.jpg

Edited by rhyscrash

You actually need to use the specific links ImageShack provide in order to embed them properly, they are tricky beggars like that :D

I would ditch the horrid traxxas servos and buy a single decent digital servo- much better quality with metal gears and more torque will make for a quicker responding truck. :)

Edited for updated OP.

Edited by suicideneil

thanks neil. was gonna go for two savox servos in this setup. prob overkill but hey? Had 2-3 three years outta them traxxas servos, so not so bad eh? But one is fubar now so time for new uns. And yes will try again with pics, too late now work tmoz worse luck.

Edited by rhyscrash

Pictures are fine now- thumbnails work better for many people as it means the page is quicker to load ( just click for full size ). Truck looks great, dual savox would be overkill for sure, but the main reason for a single servo is to prevent them fighting & buzzing excessively- they are very sensitive like that. A single hitec 7955tg would be more than enough grunt, but there are cheaper options, depends on budget really.

Don't want to sound like a nob, but with the amount of cash already spent, I dont want to skimp on servos of course. Never had a prob with dual servos (until now) as long as they are set up right. As long as the drag link is exactly the right length they wont fight. Have been advised to steer clear (pass the pun) from digital servos, and have also been advised to get a bec for the mmm. What you think?

Don't want to sound like a nob, but with the amount of cash already spent, I dont want to skimp on servos of course. Never had a prob with dual servos (until now) as long as they are set up right. As long as the drag link is exactly the right length they wont fight. Have been advised to steer clear (pass the pun) from digital servos, and have also been advised to get a bec for the mmm. What you think?

Digital servos are the best type- they are replacing the old analogue ones which are slower & weaker and less accurate; whom ever gave you that advice needs a slap. An external BEC is something to think about, especially if the servo you get is power hungry- the extra voltage ( 6v instead of ~5.5v ) & current certainly helps a bit sometimes. Another thing to consider is that you can get HV servos that run from 7.4v or thereabouts, so with an external BEC you can really crank up the power your steering will have ( does require some slight rewiring but I have diagrams for that ofcourse :D ).

If money isn't too much of an issue then by all means grab a castle BEC ( blue one is fine, you need the castlelink or field link to increase the voltage past 6v though ), and which ever powerful servo you fancy- there are some nice HV savox ones if you like them, otherwise futaba, hitec, turnigy, powerhd & spektrum all do things kicking out over ~350in/oz of torque ( hitec 7955 produces 333 at 6v, the wicked savox 1256 makes ~280 at 6v, for comparisons sakes ) in a standard sized digital servo...