• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

sun and bikes!

creamsodauk

Nice bandit, It looked pretty good before you pulled it apart :xd: Are you just giving it a general spruce up or are you doing some mods as well?

Thanks, yer well it was looking a bit tired and vey dirty, the belly pan and fronted guard had some damage on them so I decided to do it properly!

Bit of a spruce up and some mods thrown in too! New tail tidy, load of powder coating, some painting, new lights, wheels sprayed up, new tyres, brakes rebuilt, new wheel bearings, new grips, oil and filter change.

I think that's about everything, if you go onto the pictures it should take you to my photo bucket album where there are pictures of every stage :P

I am actually umming and ahhing about whether or not to get my fzr1000 exup back on the road this year as it hasnt been ridden in 3 years, even more tempting after an insurance quote. A 160+ mph bike for a massive

I am actually umming and ahhing about whether or not to get my fzr1000 exup back on the road this year as it hasnt been ridden in 3 years, even more tempting after an insurance quote. A 160+ mph bike for a massive

I have owned the fzr for over 15 years now, when I bought it it was a toss up between the fzr, zxr750 and gsxr1100 slabside. In hindsight I should have gone for the gsxr as they have increased in value the most but I found the fzr a much nicer ride at the time.

I'm guessing the biggest reason the 1100 is worth more now is either everyone wants them to make into streetfighters or because everyone has made them into streetfighters an original un-molested one is like gold dust  :xd: The fzr and zxr where far more ahead of there time technically compared to the GSXR...which was mostly about the engine.

• 2 weeks later...

I've not been in 3 years, we rode to Valencia instead 1 year for the wsb races, then wedding and this year baby. Ill be back though 7 years for me, 6 as a Marshall. Well worth doing Never know, we might have stumbled into each other at bushes at some point in the past haha

Edited by RoryW
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hay, just found this thread, iv been riding bikes since i was about 5,

back in 2009 i bought a crossplane crank r1, took me 3 weeks to find an insurance company to insure me (i was 24 at the time) and i fell i love, this thing was amazing

r1.jpg

but due to problems with my wrist/hand i had to stop riding, ended up selling her, and havnt ridden for around 2 years, last year i decided no more so started doing up my basket case of an fzr 600 that iv owned since i was 21, building her so she is the best position for my wrists, she sits like this, christmass and over time got in the way, and then in march i had an opperation, but i will finish it this year

DSCF1582.jpg

snake

I've not been in 3 years, we rode to Valencia instead 1 year for the wsb races, then wedding and this year baby. Ill be back though 7 years for me, 6 as a Marshall. Well worth doing Never know, we might have stumbled into each other at bushes at some point in the past haha

was the vid on one way roads/closed?

For the TT week the Isle of Man make just the mountain section of the course 1 way. It used to be bloody hairy with cars and bikes going both ways at silly speeds so they made the decision to make it 1 way. It's amazing! National speed limit = whatever you want to do.

any bikers on here around the gatwick area?

looking for some help for a day or two stripping a bike down and swapping frames!

bikes a 2010 plate so it wont be a rust bucket to strip...

Money...food...and music will be supplied and i have a garage to do the work in! I also have both log books so no need to worry about handling stolen goods 

This is the bike to be stripped 

DSC_0069-1_zps32461875.jpg

DSC_0067-1_zps3bba5589.jpg

Full scorpion System

th_MOV_0068_zps14eeb0d8.jpg

As you can see the ped from the start of the thread has changed a little from how i got it. just passed its mot too 8-)

DSC_0050_zps2635102d.jpg

DSC_0052_zps25108a32.jpg

DSC_0048_zpsc1ee8888.jpg

Edited by creamsodauk

DSC_0048_zpsc1ee8888.jpg

Did that pass its mot with the exhaust like that?!? :P 

update on mine :) 

P4204780.jpg

P4204783.jpg

P4204784.jpg

P4204775.jpg

P4204763.jpg

just picked up the last three pieces of bodywork from the bodyshop and they looks stunning! 

picked up the frotn mudguard, belly pan and rear seat cowl, so this week it will be done, taxed and insured! 

oh and a cheeky one of the new bike :) 

P3284729.jpg

1994 suzuki RF900R, 6660 miles on the clock, full service history, although the last service was 150 miles ago, in 1999! should be an animal when its back to full working order :D 

• Like 1