• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

losi comp crawler

simont

some will now a CC is being built up for me by another member

trouble is due to the worm gear box it has to have a brushless system fited now these aint cheap as you know

is their any other gear box that can be fitted easily so i can run a normal brushed motor and ESC

Si

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-CR-10-ROCK-Crawler-32T-35A-V2-ESC-brushless-motor-/230752164249?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item35b9e69999#ht_4082wt_1398

sorry fella been busy lately, this sort of thing isnt to expensive and will work ok, i knew someone that used to comp with one for a while and he did ok.

its the worm drive that dont like the brushes

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-CR-10-ROCK-Crawler-32T-35A-V2-ESC-brushless-motor-/230752164249?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item35b9e69999#ht_4082wt_1398

sorry fella been busy lately, this sort of thing isnt to expensive and will work ok, i knew someone that used to comp with one for a while and he did ok.

link don't work...

That`s a non sensored ezrun and wont work well in a LCC. That motor wont have the power to stop the transmission binding. Being sensorless it will cog like mad.

If you`re going to run Dig and the LCC transmission, then you can`t skimp on the brushless system. And it also needs a high c rating 3s lipo.

Edited by ruffryder

Who was it that comp`d with an ezrun in an LCC?

yeah sean so how come it gets so hot?

sorry not looked at brushess b4

Si

I think it's somthing to do with amp draw through the ESC

All I do know about brushless motors comes from my flying...

all motors have a amp draw, esc are rated in amp draw.

(lets say) if the motor is rated for 60amps/700watt ..

I'm better off fitting a 80amp ESC as will take the strain off the ESC amp draw and

if it's drawing over 700watts :shockingscary: I'd down size my prop (gearing in a crawler)

I use a Watt meter which tells me what amp/watt draw I'm getting with the size of prop I'm using

The higher amp ESC the better...Less resistance = less heat..

Garry or Mark may know more...

Sean

Well, a lot use 2s lipo, allthough 3s are more common, not all the esc are fan cooled, look at tekin. I even ran brushed in mine for a couple of weeks to get it moving while my stuff turned up, also im the states for some reason a lot do used brushed systems fxr for example, a lot depends if you dont use that much like once a week, it may last a long time, but then a re buildable brushed is better to replace the brushes, but in the long run you will buy sooo many brushes itl be thecost of a brushles.

Coging is never an issue if you use your dig properly, engage and disengage as a matter of course then it wont happen, its only the differnce in front to back missing there gear ratio, sorry not explaining that well to today, too much meds... If you engage and dissengage your dig you wont get it, know very few people who do when using dig properly.

Si, ill see if im gonna use my tekin stuffin my new build if not ill bung it in yours, its the 17.5t

My new crawler is brushed so i may not need the other stuff.

A lot of stuff is all about the name being better, sometimes it is, but there are a lot of non branded esc and motors made by the same companys, usually with lower or no settings as a result, this dont matter in a comp as you dont need a drag brake, the worms are your brake.

It is poss for what your using it for mate, you could bung a brushed in, if you have stuff spare just try it, you will only kill it at worst,lol.

But you will need the saddle pack lipos, again for what your doing 2s will be fine, and they are only bout 30 quid.

In fact si a few guys who i speak a lot to in usa do use brushed systems fxr, and hh hand wound with no probs.

It is frowned on here....even laughed at by some, but it does work, now i have said that you see what happens :).

afternoon mark lol

the losi will only have light use every now and then (unless i bust the scout)

as said wana try and keep it cheap for this reason

(and as i spent nearly

Fella, ill give you a txt, sorry not been about much, busy with some music and graphics, and painting, phew, also on a bit extra meds for pain, so dont help..

I have to do my summit boots today, how the hell do i get the end shaft off? On a revo its a little bolt thing but the summit is different?

Well, a lot use 2s lipo, allthough 3s are more common, not all the esc are fan cooled, look at tekin. I even ran brushed in mine for a couple of weeks to get it moving while my stuff turned up, also im the states for some reason a lot do used brushed systems fxr for example, a lot depends if you dont use that much like once a week, it may last a long time, but then a re buildable brushed is better to replace the brushes, but in the long run you will buy sooo many brushes itl be thecost of a brushles.

Coging is never an issue if you use your dig properly, engage and disengage as a matter of course then it wont happen, its only the differnce in front to back missing there gear ratio, sorry not explaining that well to today, too much meds... If you engage and dissengage your dig you wont get it, know very few people who do when using dig properly.

Si, ill see if im gonna use my tekin stuffin my new build if not ill bung it in yours, its the 17.5t

My new crawler is brushed so i may not need the other stuff.

A lot of stuff is all about the name being better, sometimes it is, but there are a lot of non branded esc and motors made by the same companys, usually with lower or no settings as a result, this dont matter in a comp as you dont need a drag brake, the worms are your brake.

It is poss for what your using it for mate, you could bung a brushed in, if you have stuff spare just try it, you will only kill it at worst,lol.

But you will need the saddle pack lipos, again for what your doing 2s will be fine, and they are only bout 30 quid.

In fact si a few guys who i speak a lot to in usa do use brushed systems fxr, and hh hand wound with no probs.

It is frowned on here....even laughed at by some, but it does work, now i have said that you see what happens :).

Hey, only giving advice on what i know, and not what i`ve heard :thumbsup:

Have a read up on cogging, your understanding of it is a little off.

Well Yes n no i suppose, most cogging happens when the worms need greasing, but your going on the sensor wire, on tekins like i use, bell housing should be set to 0. On the software as well, also making sure the mesh is not too tight, i was going on the usual culprint of too tight mesh and a setting on the radio and motor setup? Sometimes its caused by the magnets in low rpm hence 0 setting

No mate, cogging has nothing to do with worm drive. It happens with a sensorless brushless motor, whatever the drivetrain is.

With the Losi being worm drive, the cogging effect will be worse than a normal ring and pinion drive.Cogging comes from a sensorless motor not knowing wich way to spin at very low revs, so it stutters. Pretty useless for a crawler.

The link given for the ezrun sensorless esc and 1200kv motor is the reason i mentioned cogging. Also, that motor wouldn`t have anywhere near enough power for the LCC, even on 3s.

What you`re thinking cogging is, is just the front and rear axle running at different speeds and binding the transmission up. Using Dig will free up the binding.

The reason the Night Crawler transmission can run a brushed motor happily is the internal gear ratio is different to the comp crawler. Only problem is there is no Dig on the NC gearbox.