• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hi people troubles with trophy 4.6 and bullet mt 3.0

bigchief10uk

hi people sorry to bother you all

i am rather new to all of this and bought 2 second hand cars both only just run in...

i have a trophy buggy 3.5 also have trophy truggy 4.6 and bullet mt 3.0

the trophy truggy has the roto start system on it and the other 2 have pull starts...

now on sunday after i bought both of the cars on saturday i decided to get them up and running, but all went no according to plan lol... at first i couldnt get the truggy to start after some messing it eventually did and exceded me expectations, it was soo fast, then i went to use the bullet here we had a hugeee problem, it would start with a lot of effort untill the engine was het up i did fully lubricate it i got enuff fuel through so it would start but not flood. i pulled the cord about 4 times.. each time i tried to get it started, when it was heat up it was easy to start... so ok it was hard at first to start but thats kool lol, my problem was i couldnt get it to rev past about quarter throttle as it kept cutting out... i have tried needle settings on both high rev and low rev and cant find a problem... is it being starved of fuel for high revs and cutting out... would this be due to the carb being blocked from sitting for a while or something... please help on this problem :( extremely gutted....

second problem... when i went back to use the truggy after having it running for about 10 minutes... while i was finishing off puting the bullet back together i left the truggy running... when i went to use it a just touched the throttle and it cut out, now i cant start it... i have tried with a couple different glow starters but i dont know if maybe they had went very low in power and didnt have enuff left to start the trophy truggy or if there is something else wrong with it... but it was running extremely well and now it wont do anything... does anyone have any suggestions on both matters...

Thanks Allan

firstly don't be sorry for needing help :fish:

certainly the tuning could be a cause also the glow chargers could be a problem but what i think is most likely have you tried new glowplugs? would explain a lot, for the second of a few quid i would charge the starters and try new plugs =]

• Like 1

with norco - dont feel bad about asking for help, this is whole point of the community and been fellow enthusiasts - Shame i couldnt get a spelling enthusiast lol

But to me sounds like you still have the New engine rich tunes

With the engine been new - the piston is very very tight at the top of its stroke in the liner

Its not uncommon for people needing to constantly heat the engine up before running, it should settle after about a gallon

The trophy Buggy sounds like the tune is much better then the Bullets or TT

The bullet sounds excessivly rich still - and needs to be leaned out more, thats if its pluming smoke and spitting

if it isn't - then you've got way to far and are running lean

The TT(trophy truggy btw) sounds like its running rich as well - if its idling for 10mins and THEN cut out upon driving thats okay

Its because these engines aren't really meant to be left idling - but driven

The engine slowly keeps building a backlog of fuel up and when you ask it to mvoe - more fuel is added - and it just cant cope with it so it stalls

But 10mins of running at idle and it hasn't stalled then means the tune cant be far out - and would leave it

its always better to run RICH then lean

Ziggy

• Like 2

hi all

i also have a problem with the bullet its not mine but my friends asked me to sort it out for him. I am looking for an upgrade for the front hub carriers and associated items the standard products last seconds ( we crash alot ) iwas wandering about the 17 mm hex upgrade like they do on the trophy truggy? does anyone out there know if this would work or knows of something else that would thankyou.

ps : can you get a bigger fuel tank its tiny

Shan58, there are pretty much no upgrades for the bullet, i found these recently however but they are out of stock with parts apparently due in, seem to have a few desirable parts for the bullet

http://www.rcparts.eu/hpi-bullet-flux-st-mt-aluminium-alloy-front-c-hub-and-knuckle-arms-set-with-ball-bearings-purple.html

awesomeeeee people you are all legendary lol...

its always good to have people to ask about problems...

yes the trophy truggy was running amazing when i started it up and went straight away so obv it doesnt like being sat idle lol.... so thanks for that ziggy..

also i have just had the 2 glow plugs die of death haha so they were obviously on there way out lol...

so i will get some new glow plugs and have it sorted... i was looking at some o'donnel racing sport glow plugs, can anyone tell me if these ar any good and how good they will be in both the truggy buggy and bullet lol..

and to top things off grrrrrrrr the one way bearing in the trophy truggy has died all thanks to the roto start... sooo not impressed... i have been advised to change it to pull start. would that be a good thing? apparently the roto starts can be a little bit harsh on the one way bearings :(

thanks to all who have helped me :D

does anyone have any other ways of contact incase i need to drop a quick email or text lol... just incase i have more queries lol... things never seem to go well for me.....

oooooooooooooooooooooooo lastly :D is there anywhere i can find alloy bottom arms etc for the trophy truggy? i want to get rid of the plastic ones and upgrade as i want to do some hardcore jumps etc lol and atleast i cant break alloy bottom arms for the front and rear as easy as the plastic ones haha...

thanks people :D

awesomeeeee people you are all legendary lol...

its always good to have people to ask about problems...

yes the trophy truggy was running amazing when i started it up and went straight away so obv it doesnt like being sat idle lol.... so thanks for that ziggy..

also i have just had the 2 glow plugs die of death haha so they were obviously on there way out lol...

so i will get some new glow plugs and have it sorted... i was looking at some o'donnel racing sport glow plugs, can anyone tell me if these ar any good and how good they will be in both the truggy buggy and bullet lol..

and to top things off grrrrrrrr the one way bearing in the trophy truggy has died all thanks to the roto start... sooo not impressed... i have been advised to change it to pull start. would that be a good thing? apparently the roto starts can be a little bit harsh on the one way bearings :(

thanks to all who have helped me :D

does anyone have any other ways of contact incase i need to drop a quick email or text lol... just incase i have more queries lol... things never seem to go well for me.....

oooooooooooooooooooooooo lastly :D is there anywhere i can find alloy bottom arms etc for the trophy truggy? i want to get rid of the plastic ones and upgrade as i want to do some hardcore jumps etc lol and atleast i cant break alloy bottom arms for the front and rear as easy as the plastic ones haha...

thanks people :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't get alloy arms, plastic flexes and comes back alloy just bends and you stand to damage far more expensive parts, stick with plastic dude seriously. even my baja has plastic arms. with the rotostart you have to remember 3second bursts tbh i prefer them to pullstarts. and os8 plugs are your best bet

Edited by norcoforever
  • Like 1

heeey thanks norco... where can i get the glow plug from..

haha ok i will stick with the plastic arms lol...

i want to know what to upgrade... i have been looking at a nice edit exhaust and manifold also a couple nice air filter... i also want to fit a fuel filter, change the shocks and springs aswell... then whatever else i can do :D

heeey people how come i cant get into the chat... it doesnt let me in there to speak to people...

also how gutting... the one way bearing in my trophy truggy has died :( and i also need a new glow plug... so yes norco i will be after a couple of those os8 plugs and some other spares lol... am getting annoyed with the rotostart system :( its breaking my car lol...

so upgrades it is and fix aswell then get playing again i hope :(