• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Monkey's S2 RS Turbo, Mk1 Golf GTi

bodgemonkey

Cheers. Just bidding on some goodies for the RS right now

Chrome inter cooler crossover pipe

Baileys DV26 blue anodised dump valve

Full set of blue samco boost hoses

10 mins left on bidding, if I do win it I'll flog the dv and chrome pipe off as I don't need shiny things!!!

Just paid the deposit on an N-reg Dark Blue VR6. Fully specced w/ heated leather, Schimmel 263 cams, sports cat,chipped, lowered on coilovers frotn and adjustables rear, solid red rear lights and 17" Audi alloys. Hopefully picking her up this Sunday :)

Won't make a jot of difference power wise, selling the charge carrier and bov as they are excess to requirements.

My standard boost hoses failed pretty spectacularly. Previous owner was running it on 15psi with stock hoses. 26 year old rubber in up to 45 degree ambient temps took it's toll. The coiled metal supports inside the Filter-compressor turbine rubber hose broke and went into the compressor wheel which buggered that up nicely :lol: Hence which the turbo has a new compressor wheel and is in a million bits in my garage at the moment.

When i took the hoses off nearly all the ends just disintergrated, so will porbably have to flush the intercooler out. While i'm there i might aswell flush the radiator, clean the injectors and just give it a good once over :(

Shes ours :D

bfee3a35.jpg

Super sprint stainless exhaust, tubular manifold, schimmel 263 cams and some other goodies. Yet to look into the huge wad of receipts

All ours for

Right, averaged 34mpg on some pretty brisk motorway driving. Mod list is as follows

- SuperSprint stainless steel exhaust rear section, cat-rear silencer section custom made by AB Motorsport

- Heatwrapped 6 branch tubular manifold

- Schrick 263 fast road cams

- Bilstein Streetline Shocks front, Weitec rear

- Uprated headlight loom

- Bern HT lead set

- Vibratechnics competition engine mounts

- Vibratechnics fast road gearbox mounts

- Aluminium "crack" water pipe fitted from Gruvin America

- Mocal oil cooler w/ thermostatic sandwich plate

- Crystal clear indicators

- Red tinted rear lights

- Lupo GTI wiper conversion

- Passat rear door handles (de-locked)

- De-wipered rear

- Cylinder heads rebuilt with all new parts, 3 degree angle valve seats, port matched and polished inlet and exhaust ports by Stealth racing 25k miles ago at a cost of

Edited by nosmonkey

Yeah works fine on it cerb, can manually raise and lower it too. Also had a stage 3 fan switch fitted for hot weather and some lovely looking braided fuel and oil hoses :lol:

Shut lines weren't 100% but a spanner took care of that

Had a quick drive with it, feels really smooth but not much power until the cams kick in around 4000rpm then whoosh!

Keeps scraping the front lip spoiler sticking it in the garage or going into a drive though, need to raise the ride height a tad. Looks like the bilsteins are fitted on the rear and the Weitecs on the front.

Headlight loom kit means that the front lights actually have 12V going to them rather than the 9-10v a std Corrado would get!

IMG_1131.jpg

Bit lumpy at idle but that's common apparently with cammed VR6's.

Quite quiet though, need to persuade the old man to take one of the silencers off it.

all cammed cars are quite lumpy tbh, from experiance ive had with them you can tell a cammed car cause its always lumpy on the bottom end, asif its going to cut out, but dosent if that makes sense?

Kieran

Right, I've sorted out the immobiliser problem on this. Turns out that the wire going from the ignition to the immobiliser box was fubar'ed, so i've got a new wire soldered in. Was supposed to have sorted this out Thursday but long story short all that happened was the 'Rado got a nice dent in the boot, some scratches and i got a sore jaw :tomato:

Quite a few of the jubilee clips around the Idle Stabilisation Valve were also quite loose, got them tightened up and the revs aren't hunting much anymore, no more stalling too :)

Need to CF wrap the top cover, fit the CF induction kit and remove the suitcase muffler, and she's sorted. For now.....