• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MINKIN2s Baja Re-build - Updated 24/11//2012 (Jump to page 8)

MINKIN2

So here is my damage for today... shelldamage.jpg

After all of the hassle I had with my paint job, this happened. I never had it moving, this was when I was trying to start the car.

It was being a pain as I had not started it since it had its first tanks last week, my carbs are still set to the old settings so it needed a few more pulls to get started. It was also the first time I tried starting it with the shell on and this shattered as the pull start slipped out of my hand.

I did notice the shell start to split the first time the handle slipped but the second time this happened the body shell shattered in to 3 pieces. Seriously not happy with that.

Edited by MINKIN2

So here is my damage for today... shelldamage.jpg

After all of the hassle I had with my paint job, this happened. I never had it moving, this was when I was trying to start the car.

It was being a pain as I had not started it since it had its first tanks last week, my carbs are still set to the old settings so it needed a few more pulls to get started. It was also the first time I tried starting it with the shell on and this shattered as the pull start slipped out of my hand.

I did notice the shell start to split the first time the handle slipped but the second time this happened the body shell shattered in to 3 pieces. Seriously not happy with that.

Was nice to see you at the field again, i saw the disappointment on your face when that happened all the hard work shattered.

Was nice to see you at the field again, i saw the disappointment on your face when that happened all the hard work shattered.

Yeah, t'was a bummer. I reckon Pro-line desert rat body will be the way forward. Will get me some Dot4 and start again :(

Edited by MINKIN2

Yeah, t'was a bummer. I reckon Pro-line desert rat body will be the way forward. Will get me some Dot4 and start again :(

proline shells are awesome ive never had any come backs from them ask dave :) if it can stand his driving it can stand anything lol going cheap is not always the best option

i fell you pain

i was a nice looking shell hope the new shell will take more hammer

Gutted for you mate put a small zip tie through it an use it as a basher then take ya time to do your original design on a d rat!!!!

Thanks for the replies guys. The zip tie idea sounds good but I don't have any for for that shell in a crash, don't look like it take a bashing if just the pull start can do that lol.

The new shell should be good for bashing. I have xnitrorc looking into getting me the desert rat :)

• 8 months later...

Well it's been absolutely ages since I last updated this and my Baja has gone under even changes since :)

Gone is the crappy KM shell and so is the undertray, although I am planning on cutting it up to make a belly plate.

There have been a few redesigns too, most noticeably the Proline desert rat truggy shell, thanks to norcoforever.

So here is the latest parts list

Billet alloy cable front brakes set

Turnigy rear triple brake pads

Rovan Desperado wheels (front and rear)

Rovan Bow-Tie tyres (front and rear)

Phat Dad 6mm HD dog bones

KM Alloy diff case

KM front bulkhead brace

KM rear suspension brace

KM front and rear 5t body mounts

Team Fast Eddy rear turn buckles

Proline Desert Rat Truggy Shell

MadMax HD Nylon Suspension arms (front and rear)

Turtle Racing HD Gear Plate

29cc piston head kit

Roof Gaurd

Stebro Creations bumper set

Numb-Nuts Creations 6mm billet front chassis brace

Numb-Nuts Creations 6mm billet rear chassis brace

Uber-RC predator exhaust

Black Perspex window set

GPM Pull start cover and Air filter cover

Blue Shock socks (ebay)

Innovative RC HT baja screw kit 12.9grade

Hitec 5755 1/4 scale steering servo

Hitec 5685 Throttle servo

Spektrum DS3 radio

And Piccies...

12110019.jpg

12110023.jpg

12110014.jpg

12080015.jpg

12080010.jpg

For me, she is almost finished. In the new year I will be looking at getting some beefed up shocks and I want to experiment with gearing, after that I will have my own perfect RC.

Until the next one ;)

Edited by MINKIN2

• 1 year later...