• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Corrosion X Waterproofing fluid

banners

Hello all :)

I bought a bottle of this last year and treated all my receivers and speed controllers. I'm not likely to use too much more to be honest either, a little goes a long way.

It's pricey for a bottle, so here I have split some into 30ml bottles. these measure 25mm dia x 50mm. I doubt you'll need more for a few components

Using the guides I've seen via youtube and some of the American sailing sites this stuff seems to be the business. It can also be used as a penetrating oil for stubborn nuts and bolts. Think of it as a super WD40

I've submerged my Blast accidentally last year and it's still fine now. I'll continue to be be using it. I think it's good stuff.

you can submerge or brush it on. I used a small tupperware box for mine, that way you can fill it once and re-use for the next esc/rx when you're ready.

I'm interested in this stuff, But it says it penetrates like you wouldn't believe, Won't it seep into and interfere with the capacitors on an ESC?

Might want to take this discussion to the thread you linked. Don't want to make the moderators unhappy :rolleyes:

Edited by GorillaZilla

gotta be better than a ship in a bottle? The bottles are just for posting anyway - you can't dunk a rx in the original bottle either :tease: