• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro buggy keeps cutting out

Slacky

get a bigger hammer

Lol it has crossed my mind a few times. Bit of an update the throttle brake servo ( I think that's what it's called) has broke so picked one up from the shop and fitted it but the screw that you attach the arm to the servo doesn't screw in because there is no thread in the servo will this be a problem?

never heard that about the bottom screws before, if its stayin together and workin fine i would leave it. any self tapper that fits mate

It's in securely it's just with then sticking out Abit when the bottom plate hits the floor it's going to keep catching the screws and eventually knacker them up

No it's the lsn that's causing the problem with struggling to start as far as the screws go do you mean on bottom of chassis if so the only way is take them out measure them

(null)

Yeah there round heads instead of counter sunk. Which way does the lsn screw need turning counter clockwise?

If its at factory settings a 1/8 turn clockwise might help just try either way then put back if it doesn't help factory settings are ment to be rich so clockwise just make sure you worm it up before you try to start it

Edited by fatboyneil

should it start ok at factory settings? because when i put it back to factory it was still cutting out. Bit of a pain really because every time it starts then cuts out i have to take the glow plug out put a drop of fuel in bit where the glow plug screws in then put the glow plug back for it to start

Is it spitting a lot of fuel out exhaust before it cuts out if so turn lsn 1/4 turn clockwise then go at 1/8 turns if it's just the initial start that's kikking fuel out that would be what your putting in the glow plug hole making it hard to tell what your lsn needs to be set at

(null)

rather than dumpin fuel into the top of the engine, take the air fulter off, block the carb and turn the engine over. itl draw fuel up into the engine and circulate it. if your just dumpin fuel in the top then your not gonna be gettin fuel in to replace whats burnt

rather than dumpin fuel into the top of the engine, take the air fulter off, block the carb and turn the engine over. itl draw fuel up into the engine and circulate it. if your just dumpin fuel in the top then your not gonna be gettin fuel in to replace whats burnt

Block the whole what the air filter goes on you mean?