• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anybody running a Vader XB

Spriggan

On 12/02/2018 at 16:33, vaderman said:

Please can anyone confirm if i do or do not have a problem with my Maverick Vader ?

I recently noticed (not that i ever looked) however when running the car on the bench with the wheels spinning freely, when i turn the wheels with my finger the mainshaft seems to not turn (true) it turns as if bent (moves up and down slightly) I recently replace the mainshaft ,and i was not in a crash at all so how can it be bent ? (both the cups which connect to the shaft at both sides spins 100% true so it is not the cups.)

Now i noticed there is a slight up and down play with the mainshaft seated in the cups, is it normal and could that be the cause or is the maishaft actually bent. Should the shaft on these big cars run 100% true ? Do they have play and if so is it the play that causes the shaft to not turn true ?

I recently had an incident it actually happened three times, where the car spooled up to full speed on the table when the radio was switched off, out of shock i picked it up and aimed to switch off the esc switch but in that time the car had given me rubber burns on my arms, it never stalled but there was pressure put on the wheels obviously as i frantically tried to switch off the car, not something i'd like to experience again, but could such an instance bend the main 4wd shaft ?

With all wheels off the ground, when you turn one wheel the opposite wheel should turn, but not the centre shaft. 

I'd turn off the drag brake, that'll only add to motor temps. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys but what i need to know is, does this play make the shaft not run 100% true, (ie maybe it is straight but moves in the cup so slightly "wobbling" as it turns ) i'm thinking it does because th e dogbone can slide ever so slightly up and down in the cup, but am i wrong  in saying this ? Does anyone perhaps have another car this size they could check ?