• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newbie - cannot start nitro buggy

don shaleone

I swapped the lines over with my other one and was the same, so I swapped the nozzle that goes round the hsn with my other one, that improved it and didn't really leak after that but still will start I just can't keep it still.

I thought it might be the clutch stuck but its fine, if I lower the idle it just cuts out and is hard to start.

I did have it at one point where the wheels spouted spinning but then started again straight away, it was kind of jerking on and off the clutch....

Any ideas its annoying me like hell, I've got the engine off atm, any easy checks I could do?

if its a 1 piece spring you can chop a loop or 2 off but first. make sure everything on th engine is nice and tight, backplate, head etc. you can richen up the lsn a little to lower the idle speed but the clutch should be stiff, you shouldnt be able to wobble it. have a look at the holes in the clutch shoes to see if they are distorted in anyway. if the idle speed is too high and sat idleing too long the clutch will get hot and soft which will allow the pins in the flywheel to stretch the holes in the shoes

the way shose shoes are facin, they would have more grip on the inside of the bell, with that o-ring holdin it together you would stand no chance of gettin the wheels to stop spinnin. if you dont want to go 3 shoe i found an alloy clutch and spring set on ebay. i'll get the link later if you want it

Sorted a clutch today, I think it idles okay now but the clutch bell gear and the big gear keep jamming up.

I thought it was the alignment of the engine but then I noticed the big gears teeth are loose and can move forward away from the mesh of the clutch bell gear. Surely that's not normal....? Do I need a new one?