• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need a shopping list - Hong Nor X1 CRT

GunnersRC

Hi all,

Just got one of these and it should be on its way to me today :D

I need a shopping list of essential upgrades, i did a thread a couple of years back when i owned an upgraded X1X CRT but its lost in the bowels of the forum now and can no longer remember what it had on it!!

This will be a fairly large project, engine will stay the same as i like the big block SH engines but i'm looking at shock towers, carbon tray etc, everything will be anodised in black.

Let me know :)

Personally, unless you plan on using it on a track, i wouldnt bother with Carbon Bits, especially those that are load-bearing.

A set of CNC Chassis Braces should be the first thing on the shopping list, as the stockers are weak and lead to bent centre shafts real quick.

A rear CNC Hinge pin brace should also be on the cards, (several stockers are included in the RTR package as they are a common weakspot.)

The front bumper on the X1-CRT also isnt the best design ive seen on a truggy, and has a tendancy to snap whare the base meets the chassis.

An aftermarket bump/skid will sort it out though.

Apart from those three points, id say worry about whatever breaks as its a great car!