• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What was your first rc and when did you get It?

big turbo

Woohoo! First post :bounce:

My first is an Inferno VE which I'll be getting in 12 days time! I've considered getting into RC since about 1987 but never got round to it :sweatingbullets:

For Christmas it was a toss up between a second sub-woofer (home cinema being one of my other hobbies) or a RC car, so here I am!

Got my first proper one at the age of 5(2000). Had a R.Burns Subaru bodyshell. It was electric and could do around 30mph. Some people wernt too keen on a 5 year old whose hands couldnt fit round the transmitter with a car that could do 30.

So when i was 10 (2005) ended up with a HPI Rush Evo (Could do 50-60?????) which was much more fun! Still have it today although hasnt ran for around 4 years and every part has worn out completly!

Christmas 2008 I got what I would call my first proper RC, a Tamiya TT-01, at least I think it was 2008.

Anyway, built from a kit, ran it like an actual Rally car (Was a Subaru WRX) and the rear gearbox exploded and then began the journey, so far since then I have owned...

The TT-01 above

HPI Rush Evo

HPI Firestorm

Hyper 7

A custom built crawler

An even more expensive custom built crawler

Tamiya CC-01 x 2

Hyper 7 PBS, highly upgraded

Losi Desert Truck

Losi Mini Highroller

Losi standard Highroller

Tamiya Blackfoot

Tamiya M03 Mini Cooper

Tamiya Blitzer Beetle (Original)

Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5

Traxxas Revo 3.3 w/ Picco .28

Another Hyper 7

Hyper 12 Mini ST

Hong Nor X1X CRT .32 Big Block (Best RC I've owned along with the Hyper 7's)

Brushless Traxxas Rustler

So not many really...

Edited by GunnersRC

1998, Tamiya TA01, secondhand, it started life as the Lancia Delta Integrale but when I got it, it had:

Protoform Volvo S40 body in metallic green with matchstick light buckets and blue painted windows

Acoms Techniplus-alpha radio

Speedmaster Silver Star ESC

LRP GT2 21x2 motor

LRP Wildpack 1500mah stickpacks that wouldn't last a 5min race.

Mine was a Tamiya frog/grasshopper?? cant quite remember, hated it, an uncle was in to rc big time and this was a hand me down, you only had to push it along the lawn for it to break something, and back then parts were a lot of money, so fixed it and sold it on, I remember it got passed on a lot.

Tamiya any better now?

Tamiya Hornet was my first proper RC back in 1986...ish?! first time out receiver batteries died and stacked it into curb flat out...was heartbroken, but got it repaired a few days later- was gutted found out my mum gave away all my old RC stuff about 10 years ago. Had a kyosho touring car to...never seen one the same since- it was a 1/10 aluminium chassis with a drop nosed porsche 911 turbo shell..would love to fin another one.

think theres one on ebay mate i seen it yesterday

my firest proper rc was about 15 months ago and it was a hong nor x1 crt since then ive had a fair few

3 x hong nor x1 ctr

losi lst

savage 21

savage 25

savage x

savage x converted to a xl

revo 2.5

revo 3.3

mgt 21

mardave marauder

xtm xt2

xtm monster mt

traxxas rustler

tamiya merc unsure what model it was lol

tamiya nitrage 5.2

hyper st pro

hyper mini 12

think thats about it lol but sadly i dont have one at the min they come and go with me haha but if i pass my driving test on the 20th of this month ill be buying another rc as a gift to myself

Tamiya Hornet was my first proper RC back in 1986...ish?! first time out receiver batteries died and stacked it into curb flat out...was heartbroken, but got it repaired a few days later- was gutted found out my mum gave away all my old RC stuff about 10 years ago. Had a kyosho touring car to...never seen one the same since- it was a 1/10 aluminium chassis with a drop nosed porsche 911 turbo shell..would love to fin another one.

is this it matey http://www.ebay.co.u...1d#ht_500wt_949

or this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Kyosho-Porsche-911-Flatnose-Ultima-Based-Scale-Car-Series-Tamiya-Like-/160688144942?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item2569c2822e#ht_1201wt_932

Edited by scotty1986

Remember it like yesterday. Was looking around bout 6 years ago for a nitro car as I had a few engines (airplane) laying around that I used to tinker with. Bumped in to a guy at a car boot sale selling an Acme Condor for cheap. Snapped it up and hated it ever since. First thing it ever did was runaway into a metal fence. Since then my cars have been much better.

My first proper RC car was a Mardave Meteor, Was about 1990. Still had it until 2008 when it was stolen from a friends garden in litterally a minute when we went to answer the doorbell after i took it over to show him.

My first proper RC car was a Mardave Meteor, Was about 1990. Still had it until 2008 when it was stolen from a friends garden in litterally a minute when we went to answer the doorbell after i took it over to show him.

Strange. Neighbours? Or was it related to who rang the doorbell?

Was the Meteor a buggy? My mums boyfriend at the time (mid 80s) had a Mardave buggy which he let me have a go on.

Strange. Neighbours? Or was it related to who rang the doorbell?

Was the Meteor a buggy? My mums boyfriend at the time (mid 80s) had a Mardave buggy which he let me have a go on.

Yup, the meteor is an electric buggy

Some kids jumped the wall as they were playing in the lane behind the house, the wall was 6' so was rather unexpected, the doorbell was a friend we were expecting.

i assume it was the kids, its amazing what people will do if given even a brief window of oportunity..

Edited by TerrorTrooper

Mine was a Tamiya TT01R type E. I bought it at the end of March this year. It's still going strong and actually has the original Tamiya lightly tuned motor, model sport ESC and acoms radio gear in it that it started with even though it has been through brushless and 2.4. Turns out it's just more useful as a slow beginner car.

I don't think I'd ever get rid of it either. As far as car park bashing or loaning a car to a beginner at a race goes I rate my TT01 highly.

http://www.ebay.co.u...d#ht_500wt_1202

something like this? :)

ahh beaten to it :P but its a nice car. my first was a brand new hpi firestorm 10t about 4 years ago. the only issue with that car was the bad driver :L

Edited by djyjrlz

my first rc ever was one of these:

ct%20rebound2.JPG

first hobby grade rc only ogt thought of buying because of a next door neighbour who had a large garden i could see into through the bedroom window and one day i saw him driving a rc car (which i now know was a savage 25) and being 14/15 years old the typical "i want one of them" kicked in, but as it was alot of cash mum or dad wouldn't buy one, so after 6 months of saving all pocket money and the like i got enough money for the radio gear and stuff to buy a savage 25 ss in 2005, which for somone with no experience of hobby grade cars (let alone nitro) ended rather badly.

lack of money from not having a job ment i often sat on the sidelines with a broken truck for the best part of a year, before my mum paid most of the money towards a hyper 7, which kept me interested till this day.

i still hate savages today, even though i have owned 3 of them since (different models).

and as with many people already posted, the savage was the first of many...

Edited by Thunderwolf