• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Losi 8ight T

cyronn

Are you wanting a brand new one, a roller etc, which version you after. I know someone with a v1 8ight T roller for sale, He had 2 but I bought one of them. Would need a motor mount and I have a battery tray you could have. 

thanks mate

I want a 2.0

i'd proffer a bran spanker (who wouldn't) but a second will do and as I need all the bits (rx/tx/nitro/battery/motor/esc) I have a charger and a febel amount of tools and its metric at that so i'd also need an imperial set

No probs, second hand are good to mate.  Just have to change all the bearings etc when you get one, get the bearings from here as they are cheap http://www.rcbearings.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=8ight&product_id=457 Also have a lookout on max bashing for 8T rollers seen some there is decent nick go for quite cheap.

Edit: thought you where replying to me lol.

Edited by cyronn

Tbh I bash with a couple of guys that have the trophy truggys, there nitro tho and they are not as strong as the 8ights imo after seeing them in action.

The only parts I have damaged is bent the stock rtr rear tower, which caused the rear bulk head to brake but its a cheap part and I used the big hammer to straighten the stock rtr tower.  I only had the stock rear tower on because I snaped the King Heads v2 tower.  But have replaced it know with the losi v2 one and has held up fine so far.  After that is just the front hinge pins bend a few from hitting a concrete block at full wack and also hit a tree at the same speed.  Oh and snapped a Tbone bumper but they have a lifetime warrenty and are really worth it for bashing.  Saved my bacon a few times having them on.

thanks

I had a tbone on my m8ight that would be the only real up grade needed then :yes:

well that confirms it am having one :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

cheers for that link, im needing bearings and was gonna ask lol out of interest has anyone got a 2.0 rear shock tower they want to sell

hi guys. had my losi 8ight-t for about 2 months now. bashed the crap out of it nothing broke just worn. the only thing i have had go on mine is the infamous rear diff wear that made the diff skip teeth.

after

Welcome to the club xD

I have noticed that some people have had issues with there rear diff and the only way to fix that is to shim and run alu inserts in there but I have not come across that problem with mine yet, I have not changed anything in the rear diff since I bought it in dec 2011.  I'd probably get the alu inserts when that problem does happen tho. 

Purple rear springs are a a good option for bashing too.

Update project truggy

New front shocks came today, swapped the spring holders and bottoms over to alloy ones , need to swap the shock tops to alloy ones , fitted them to the new shock towers from matt, hubs and carriers came too, and new turnbuckles from the usa , also sirius 2200kv motor from mydoddy69

Parts list doesnt seem to be getting any smaller though ...

81b958c14201a14dc390a52206ba1bc3_zpse54e

Still have a problem with steering though as dont seem to have hardly any lock

72ae354c9961c02d6972c7f338195500_zps99a1

Is yours the 1.0 or 2.0 cant remember. How have you got the chassis orange, also what tools are you using to take yours apart. Im gonna get a fastrax imperial driver set tomorrow. But dont know what size nut drivers I need. The nuts im on about are the ones that hold the outer rear hinge pin on, and the bigger nuts that hold the rear shocks on. Havent got alot to spend so need to be cheap used losi ones or something, hope someone can help as im trying to get it stripped down. 

Also im wanting to do something with the chassis, either paint, anodize or wrap it what do people think.

No idea if its the 1.0 or 2.0 titchie, the chassis has been blasted and powdercoated orange , im on the look out for a new one though so i can keep this as a spare , im using dynamite imperial tools , excellent quality and good price too .

As for your chassis if its got deep scratches then re annodising it will not cover them up , only way is to polish them out and then annodise it or just get it powdercoated

Heres pics of min, the shock towers are the same as yours but there v1 anyway. but the arms arnt the same so think yours is a 2.0

Anyway take a look and see the probs with why I wana change the chassis color.

DSCN2313.jpg

DSCN2314.jpg

DSCN2318.jpg

DSCN2319.jpg

DSCN2320.jpg

DSCN2335.jpg

DSCN2328.jpg

DSCN2327.jpg

If anyone recognizes anything on it, let me know, dunno what motor mount it is either, suppose to be a team c but not sure so if you know please tell me.

cheers jas, ive seen the kit in other places but theres quite a bit of an angle on the mount on this and dosnt look like any angle, like the one on my hyper in the link pictures. Unless thats just a generic pic of one but the actual one you buy is different depending on model.

Any who it'll be fine just need to get new screws as there rounded out, bearings as there gone and the rear hinge pin and arm is bent, so hoping the arm will straighten when I change the pin. But love the quality of the losi puts the hyper to shame lol. Put damn the parts are cheaper for ho boa's   :tease:   

Need help people , with the help of titchie realised this project is a v2.0 chassis ,but still have problems with steering .

Which holes on the steering blocks are people using as i dont seem to have hardly any lock ?

Also the left steering block hits the chassis guard stopping it turning ?

Anyone know if the truggys had longer steering arms ?

Thanks for the help again !

5cc9451c495f2e8f45cf41618d9c2fa4_zpsc409

Need help people , with the help of titchie realised this project is a v2.0 chassis ,but still have problems with steering .

Which holes on the steering blocks are people using as i dont seem to have hardly any lock ?

Also the left steering block hits the chassis guard stopping it turning ?

Anyone know if the truggys had longer steering arms ?

Thanks for the help again !

5cc9451c495f2e8f45cf41618d9c2fa4_zpsc409

Could have been fitted with the optional steering rack ? http://www.jemodels.com/nitro-models?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=8589&category_id=1695&keyword=losi+8ight  :thumbsup:

Edited by JasJab

Thanks mate , this now makes sense!

Looking at your steering turnbuckles they looked longer than mine , turns out the v1.0 turnbuckles are 92mm and the v2.0 are 114mm

I had the v1.0 fitted !

Ordered some correct turnbuckles from je models , should see be right ( fingers crossed)

Love yours covert, coming along nicely. What motor is ? Really like the shell, but I love orange so prob why.

Im just on cleaning everything, replacing screws,bearings and oils. Cant believe how rusted on the bearings are, bearings them selves are seized solid. Hasnt been looked after at all, but its with me now so it can have a nice retirement now lol.

Still struggling finding a powder coater near me so might get a new dragon chassis, seen a couple for