• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lost my licence :(

NOFX

Hi. I've just lost my driving licence. I see a psychiatrist,& as you do,I was honest about everything.I have to have a spliff at night,I get night terrors(can be fatal) & horrendous dreams,always have a spliff stops them.My parents took me to a shrink years back to try & resolve the problem.Turns out I've got clinical depression,social phobia,& a few other issues. Anyway,the dvla got in touch with my psychologist cause I'd told 'em I was trying to come off the anti depressants.He is legally bound to tell 'em what I take (anti depressants,anti psychotics,etc) so he told 'em about my single spliff every night. Now I've lost my licence :( . So much for patient confidentiality/ hypocratic oath :(. So I'm now house bound(social phobia rules out public transport) Looks like i'm gonna be stuck in the flat ,on my own ,for 6 months.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to hear of your predicament fella.

Although on the flip side...driving while having a drug in your system that is known to cause imapaired judgement

can lead to untold carnage.

Of course i know it goes on all the time...and I've not been an angel when it comes to driving.

But imagine if you had a mishap and were found to have anything in your bloodstream..

even if the accident wasnt your fault you would be in serious doo dar.

Hope you have some better fortune soon bud !

Hi. It's only one at night.I've tried driving stoned,horrible experience! I'm really against drunk /wasted driving.Nearly lost a mate cause he was called into work from the pub,after 8 pints & a few drambui's.He was hospitalised for 18 months & will be having his 3rd hip replacement soon :( .Another guy I knew, went through college/uni,got his phd,then some uninsured drunk pillock driver put him in a wheelchair :(

Sounds like a pretty rough time you're having one way or another bud...

It'd be handy if people weren't so ignorant about what are thought of as "recreational drugs", and the other uses they have, which can be incredibly helpful to those with certain conditions. The reality of your situation is that the bedtime smoke enables you to live a much happier/safer life, and the next morning the levels of the drug left in your bloodstream won't have any effect on your ability to drive.. Where's the issue..?

Edited by grumpygramps
  • Like 2

weed of any amount takes up 48 hours to leave the body all together so thats probs why. if you have a spliff before bed then the residual traces in the blood will be at the strongest first thing in the mornin, although you wont feel any effects of the sweet sweet herb, a blood test will still pick it up. hence ban. sorry bud. sometimes witholdin info is the best thing to do, like we say at work... what dee dont know wont hurt us

It's a law thing ?

Yep, it is a "law thing". However - can you honestly say that you, yourself, have not broken any law within the last 24hrs? I bet most of us have somewhere along the line, consciously or unconsciously. There's so many areas of law, not just criminal, that it's hard not to.

The world we live in is pretty full of morons, which I believe laws set out to protect us from. Unfortunately, laws also make criminals of decent people who're doing nothing wrong but trying to live their lives as best they can. Obviously, Inspector Plod won't usually take that as much of an excuse if you're caught doing something naughty!

weed of any amount takes up 48 hours to leave the body all together so thats probs why. if you have a spliff before bed then the residual traces in the blood will be at the strongest first thing in the mornin, although you wont feel any effects of the sweet sweet herb, a blood test will still pick it up. hence ban. sorry bud. sometimes witholdin info is the best thing to do, like we say at work... what dee dont know wont hurt us

Cannabis can be picked up in your blood for 6 weeks, sometimes more, after you've last had it.. The number of people banned because of blood tests showing positive for it are tiny though, mainly because the effects on someone who's used the drug before driving are so slight and the Police have got much better things to do than random stops on motorists. If the effects were anything like what booze does to you, then I'm sure the number of bans would be far higher.

I think the main issue here is that the drug laws in this country, and most others, are completely outdated, along with many peoples attitudes.

Laws are there so you think about it before you break it. NOFX, sounds like you having a harsh time, at the moment though, one of lifes dips. Thing with lows is it will go back up. I used to suffer from sleep paralysis which ended in me getting about 20hrs kip a week, on top of mrs kicking me out was not a happy 18mths. Doc offered beta blockers and sleepers but said off the record that the mighty mary jane would probs be better. Off the record off course, luckily me and Mary already knew each other, I think you were just unlucky with your doc. Look for the good times and let the bad ones pass, which they will. Good luck mate.

Yep, I can honestly guarantee I've not broken the law in the last 24 hours,

Was that the same 24 hours before, probably not.

But that's not the point.

I was answering a question you raised,

Bringing up the fact that for instance downlading an MP3 is the same as getting stoned on lillegally trafficed drugs, that cause misery to untold numbers of people, is not the same.

Hey make them legal, I agree, let the prices fall to where every kid can try it.

Natural selcection will out then.

Happy Days.

I can't see an issue gramps but were always going to have the happiness killers about ;-/

Smoking a joint at night is a victimless crime :-(

Toys there is practically no illegally trafficked weed in the Uk. It's 95% home grown now.

Cool,

So long as they are paying inclome tax and minimum wages for the illegal imigrants looking after the stash houses.

Oh no, hang on they won't be will they.

Still victimless ?

Just thought I'd add, every kid can try it in an unregulated black Market. Legalise it like cigs and booze and it's instantly harder for them to get, but everyone knows cigarettes, alchohol and fatty foods kill more people every year than all illegal drugs put together :-(