• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

tuned pipes

moorlander

can anyone recommend a tuned pipe for a hyper 7 with a macstar .28 engine ??

I have tried an EDIT 2031 and cant seem to get it to fit without fouling the chassis/shell/rear body mounts/pull start ...even with a longer manifold.

The pipe came with 3 manifolds of different length but no grub scew to fasten the pipe to the chassis....apparently EDIT dont supply them......

Will be returning the pipe tommorow ( not supplied by MS )

Thnaks in advance.

s

Hi mate.

Is that pipe not supposed to be tuned anyway?

Don't take this the wrong way but Ill be honest mate, you will never get good results out of the Mac .28, its just not a great engine. Save your money and get a nice Picco .21 (engine pipe package) they are around 120-130 quid for entrance level engines and your mac clutch fits straight on them. (but you may want a 15 tooth bell rather than your current 13/14 tooth)

They are so sooo much better than that .28. Trust me two mates have had the mac .28 in a hyper 7, one destroyed itself (snapped the crank) and the other just never held tune and ate glowplugs.

I can get you the picco engine/pipe model number off my mate later if you like?

Its just an option but trust me you will smile from ear to ear!!! :)

+1

Save your pennies and get a picco.

Amazing engines for the price. I've had mine for at least 18 months now and its still going strong.

Same story as above, a mates got one in his ST, and hes forever tweaking the needles.