• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1/8th nitro set ups

kingscott

general changes are wheels and tyres to suite your terrain and a fuel filter. To go the next step then pipes (JP-3), filters (byrons gen2 is amazing) and then just camber/toe in angle adjustments. Dont do any two speed connversions not worth the hastle.

Whatever setup you do depends entirely on where your running it. No point in for example puttin a pipe on the engine for torque if your on a level open track that needs more top end than get up and go. Work out where you will be runnin then come back with what car it is and what sort of performance you want/need and people will be able to helpmore. Hope that helps

Whatever setup you do depends entirely on where your running it. No point in for example puttin a pipe on the engine for torque if your on a level open track that needs more top end than get up and go. Work out where you will be runnin then come back with what car it is and what sort of performance you want/need and people will be able to helpmore. Hope that helps

There is a ton of stuff you can change and once you realise how much there is it can be a little overwhelming. The biggest change you can make is tyres and getting this right is crucial. The best advice I was given is make changes one at a time. That way you can see what, if any, difference that change made to the handling of the car.

• Like 1

Thanks so far.

Sorry, just to clear it up I'm talking about a basic guide to chassis tuning not engine.

For example lifting the rear giving you more turn in and such.

Mrfodds. Yer Ive been playing about doing large adjustment and both ends of an adjustment scale to see the differance it makes.

I was getting huge over grip on the rear (on astro using microspikes) making me flip over on corners, so far I have dropped the rear ride height and now im playing with the rear camber, I hear that if you put more neg camber at the rear you decrease the level of corner grip.

I suppose what im after is a basic guide such as:

front toe pos =

front toe neg =

rear .....=

cambers

ride height and so on.

I understand each car is differant but the basics are always there.

Its been 15 years since I raced 1/10th electric off road and ive forgot more about chassis tuning than I thought. :(

cheers

The astro is all differant kinds, it changes corner to corner! :/

I have angled out my rear shocks, thus this would shorten the droop on the rear, I'm getting a much smoother corner with a little understear now. This is fine as its how I like it.

I'm not adjusting the front quite yet.

I will be at A1 racings track: http://www.a1racingclub.com/

It's Only club level noting serious (yet) I have an old Kyosho MP US running with various parts/mods from the 777 and the new neo + nice quality shocks.

I'm Just getting back into it a little before I take the splash on another chassis, but the inferno does me fine for now.

.............Plus I can dive :D