• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Engine stalls wont restart for ages

portisheaddan

I have had this a few times now. My car will suddenly stall and then it can take me 5 minutes or so to restart it via the pullstart.Its a standard gxr28sg. Usually runs & starts like a dream.

It just happens from time to time. Usually it will restart on the first pull but it cut out and was a real pig to start. Do they cut out if they get too hot or something?

It could be low on compression. The liner expands under heat and if the engine doesnt have much compression, it will cut out when it gets hot. Try getting it pinched. Fastboy does this cheap, drop him a pm.

Lee.

Hi. I run the same engine, its a total pig to start when hot, if you start it very quickly after a stall its fine, but leave it 20 seconds and you have no hope until its cool. The problem is that the fuel evaporates instantly when the engine Is hot in the carb making starting very hard. Unfortunately the engine is a poor one all round, never holds tune and often cooks itself, the carb O rings are the main issue and should be replaced with non kyosho items.

Good luck mate.

And just a bit of friendly advice. Your gonna have to get used to tunin the needles as its key to effective running of nitro engines

And just a bit of friendly advice. Your gonna have to get used to tunin the needles as its key to effective running of nitro engines. With a bit of practice you will be able to tune your engine by listenin to it

Mine holds a tune lovely. Has done for a few years now. Ive had quite a few gallons through it now. I Just wondered why it wont start on the odd occasion when its hot. Other than that I love this engine. Its wickedly fast and takes as much punishment as I can throw at it. It's the car around it thats now falling apart now lol.

sounds like and engine on its way out my lightning stadium engine would hold its tune and it wouldn't start and it got too hot. it managed to die in mid air and because the wheels stopped spinning it nose dived and did a cartwheel into a tractor!

My car never holds tune and I'm good with the setting up, use a temp gun all done properly. Im going to try and fit a Mach .28 carb to it (if it fits) see how it goes.

But yes the engine is very good when on tune, but I will never have another one.