• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Seen it today and Im in love...

Mr Drifta

The hyper star is great, the other three are ****.

in my opinion. :)

You want this little puppy:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/losi-8ight-2.0-rtr/rc-car-products/34993

The hell with it, go mad.................... http://www.apexmodels.com/gbu0-prodshow/K31782.html :)

The hyper star is great, the other three are ****.

in my opinion. :)

You want this little puppy:

http://www.modelspor...-products/34993

The hell with it, go mad.................... http://www.apexmodel...how/K31782.html :)

Looked at the losi..that is nice and a very reasonable price... and as for the other :droolingeyes:

Whats the availability of parts like on the losi..?Hopefully not like the neon :confused:

Been trawling the bay for possible targets...well i am trawling at the mo...

I would class an adult toy as a 1/5 scale petrol. :good:

So my 70mph losi 8ight-e is a childs toy? I wouldn't let a child anywhere near something that fast! Back on topic, I'd go for the 8ight 2.0 or the kyosho if you can afford it. Never had a problem getting spares for the losi and there's plenty of upgrades available too.

Matt

Cheers fella's i appreciate your opinions...

These things are safe round kids imop if the adult with them aint a tard, same as everything really...cars/dogs/water stuff that could do harm but you as an adult/parent are the brains so its up to us to see they are safe and not abused or taken nievely.

Just my op...Back on topic me thinks...

Been looking at the hpi range...spares/knowledge/info does seem very very good...

What you should buy depends on what you want to do with it. If all you want to do is run it around the park, get what you fancy. If you might fancy taking it to a track and joining in with a few race meets, you should stick with a buggy with a 21 engine as that is the size that most clubs allow, so will let you race with a bigger engine but might not enter you in the points, others will. Its worth looking into the local clubs if you fance getting involved and seeing what the score is with them.

The cheepest buggy to run, is the buggy that will last you years. If you buy one that suits you now, it might not be right for you in 6 months.

On the safety side, it depends on what your child is like, some are a natural and need very little guidance, others you need to keep your hand on the controller all the time. Youngsters dont see the danger! You only have to take your eye off these babys for a second at full speed and it gone!

Good luck with your choice.

Kyosho are a fortune for spares (trust me), 3 to 4 times that of most other makes.

They say the Kyosho quality is better but I cant warrant the extra price paid.

My mates hyper 9 for example, for a rear swaybar (anti roll bar) £3.50, the kyosho version........£17. Losi clutch bell £6.....Kyosho....£21. And thats if you can find a UK dealer who keeps stock. Nightmare.

The MP9 and the MP777 are sexual but just try a e bay search and you soon realize how hard parts are to find and how expensive they are (for us in the UK).

However they have been 1/8th rallycross world champs a million times so they must be doing something right.

Losi parts are easy to get and readily available (ebay it), if I was to step up a level the Losi 8ight 2.0 EU race roller of the Hyper star EU would defo be my weapon's of choice.

And for a RTR the losi 8ight wins again for me, the package is fantastic and super value for money and you wont look silly in the pits. :)