• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho Fazer spares or hop-ups

soane

I'm pretty pleased with the way this car is coming together, I carried out a break-in procedure for peace of mind and it seems to have paid off, running well and the speed is coming on fine. Now most of my cars are tarts handbags, they go well but I try to make them look better using the hop-ups available, so can anyone point me in the right direction for Kyosho hop-ups? Cheers.

For my spares I use:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/kyoshospares/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

He's a good seller and always sorts me out, very good if you have any issues or questions also.

Kyosho parts are a pain to get hold of in the UK hey and cost a bomb. As for hop ups, I don't really know for the fazer, try a google search.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply. I've seen the guy you mentioned on ebay and will probably use him in the future. As Modelsport still sell this car, and I've met several people who've commented on how good this car is, I find it hard to imagine that I can't get the hop-ups that are available for it. I've mailed Kyosho UK for their comment, see what they say.

i have a fazer aston martin db9 it has the 16 engine rather than the 15 ithink they are great. most of the time i dont have a problem with parts as my lms stocks a few of them. as for hop ups change your batteries to a rechargable hump pack and buy the switch harness this means there is an extra plug which you can hang out of the radio box so when you want to recharge it you dont have to open the radio box and disconnect the plug. also you must get a failsafe. i would also recommend buying the 2 speed transmission and also change the front diff from a lixe axle to a proper diff this makes it corner better. you can do this by buying a rear diff and changing it over with the one thats supplied a guy on ebay selling them for £11.99. this is cheaper than buying the inner cogs which work out at about£25. the only negative with this car is it gets very hot with the shell on so i would cut a hole in the front window to get a bit more air in to cool it

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got the 2-speed tranny and it makes a hell of a difference. At the moment it is still running rich but that's OK for now. Next on the list will be the diff and maybe anti-roll bars. On thing I've noticed is the hex in the wheels is quite shallow so Tamiya wheels don't fit.

just to let you know if you burn out the piston and liner it will cost you about £50 to buy . a new engine from modelsport will cost about £135.i bought a brand new one off ebay for £45 yes that was a brand new full engine

• 6 months later...

Well my Savage is up and running and I'm well happy with it so I'm turning my attention to my Fazer once more just to spruce it up, especially since its re-release a couple of months ago. I fitted the front diff upgrade and have since fitted the 2-speed transmission, more for a hop-up than a performance upgrade as it won't be raced. I recently saw a Fazer on ebay that had a tuned pipe so that is what I'm after at the moment along with some wheel/tyre options, so can anyone point me in the right direction?