• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

***Hyper Owners Club***

Revorocks

• 4 weeks later...

What have people used for the rx box when converting a 7 to brushless.mines currently stuck with tape and I'm not really happy with it

What have people used for the rx box when converting a 7 to brushless.mines currently stuck with tape and I'm not really happy with it

I'm trying to complete a conversion (or rather make make improvements to a brushless roller) and I'll be using tape for mine. Its tiny so should stay stuck down without issue. A box would be good for waterproofing but my servo isn't waterproof so I won't be getting the car soaked anyway.

Do you want a box to make the receiver more secure or do you want one for waterproofing?

Also, what batteries are you using? I'm going to use 2x hardcase 2s which has caused a few issues with making everything fit properly without coming into contact with the bodyshell / spur gear / centre drive shaft.

To make it more secure more than anything.my esc and motor are waterproof so it wouldn't hurt either way.but just currently improving everything on the build

O yeah currently running 3s feel its quick enough and usable don't want silly speeds but it still sticks it's ass out from time to time

Can anyone recommend and shell for a hyper 7 conversion ? Im using quite big lipos ( 5600mah 4s 60c hardcase cells ) and I cannot get the stock shell on properly as the battery sits too high. What other models will fit the hyper and give a bit more room  and height all around ?

I'm in the process of doing mine and have the same problem. I've made a little bracket for the rear mount from some carbonfibre faced fibreglass. I managed to raise the mounting bracket by about a centimetre and that has given me the room I need. You should be able to see what I've done from the pics below:

A5CE4CE7-F89C-4E13-B01B-61CE53E4938F.jpg

53AB418A-B034-491B-BCF6-CB9468C2ECDE.jpg

B8E02770-4A52-4B62-BCDD-B507E780A3F5.jpg

F943DB4A-C9E5-46F5-9F4A-EE09C408AFE2.jpg

1C41B85A-6639-4339-A2A6-6AEF94BAE243.jpg

You could make something similar from the same material or a sheet off 3mm aluminium. I just need to elongate one of the mounting holes in the shell by 1-2mm. Saves buying a new shell that you might have the same problem with.

Where is your battery tray mounted? Mine is towards the rear so raising the back is enough for me. The further forward your tray is the more room you will need towards the front of the shell which means you will need to shim the front mounting bracket to raise it too...

Edited by optimus

I think I'm going to need a new shell regardless, I've hammered the life out of it, and it has all the holes from when it was nitro still. And it would probably do the directed airflow over the components some good rather than having big gaping holes everywhere.

I took it out and did this halfway through a 4s 5600mah 60c pack, in the last half hour then took it to the pub lol.

254zm1x.jpg

My battery tray is solid as hell and I don't think I can move it, but that mod looks like it will do the job perfectly,

2najzvd.jpg

5v61xd.jpg

I'm waiting on some cnc shock towers aswell, as I'm surprised these have lasted, I turned my front centre dog bone into a boomerang the other day, I absolutely LOVE brushless lol. I'm going to look at shimming the front mount and see what's what. Where did you get your shell ? It has nothin cut out on it. I'm going to make some skirting for the side guards aswell if I'm raising the shell I think, seems logical.

7 nitro 1 brushless, gonna convert the 2 hyper st's to brushless, and flog some for a savage flux I think !

23syeqb.jpg
Im turning that radiator into a drifter...,.I need a LCG chassis i think !
w8as1h.jpg

Edited by Huktonfonics

Is that a losi tray? Its massive compared to mine. I want your shocks! Your motor mount looks different, is it one from an SS brushless?

I'm a returnee to r/c and hyper is my first 1:8. I bought it as a with the brushless mount already in it but in reality it was rough around the edges so in total I've probably spent around

Is that a losi tray? Its massive compared to mine. I want your shocks! Your motor mount looks different, is it one from an SS brushless?

I'm a returnee to r/c and hyper is my first 1:8. I bought it as a with the brushless mount already in it but in reality it was rough around the edges so in total I've probably spent around

Edited by Huktonfonics

Yeah I'm pretty clueless when it comes to diffs. I've never opened up a diff on one of these before so I better some research for a brushless setup then.

Do the CNC pin braces make a difference?

I like the look of the ST, they look like good fun...

Btw the body mount feels very secure.

Edited by optimus

Browsing fleabay, the tq shells on there APPEAR to be uncut but you'd have to check with the seller as it might just be a stock photo:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H87610-HoBao-Hyper-7-TQ-Sport-Bodyshell-Clear-Lexan-/300977202112?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4613a3a3c0

Couple selling but all around the same money.

Actually cleaning, setting up an reassembly of diffs is easy once you've done it once, I do my savages diffs all the time as they're super easy and quick to get out.Now the Revo on the other hand I cannot stand doing, as it's a PITA to get them out....I loathe doing the revo ! I'm actually hating on my revo at the momment, as it's gave me more trouble than ALL of my cars put together.Hyper 7 diffs are easy to get out, and the same as many others besides the spider diffs to service.

The pin braces would be a valuable upgrade, I've bent and warped the front plastic ones on the hyper 7 and hyper ST. The cnc ones are SOLID !

The hyper ST is great. All I drive recently is my modded savage, hyper 7 and hyper st.

I'm going to get some Delrin and some alu from work tomoza and fab one of each up of the body mounts. Then try find a new shell.

Edited by Huktonfonics

Browsing fleabay, the tq shells on there APPEAR to be uncut but you'd have to check with the seller as it might just be a stock photo:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H87610-HoBao-Hyper-7-TQ-Sport-Bodyshell-Clear-Lexan-/300977202112?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4613a3a3c0

Couple selling but all around the same money.

Nice one, going to ask the question :))

Would the Proline Bulldog be a PITA to fit the hyper 7 ? I like the look of the big cab at the front lol

Edited by Huktonfonics

Here's mine, fettled TQ2 box:

ery8udu4.jpg

Is your servo mounted using existing holes in the chassis or did you have to drill the holes?

Also, what size bolts is everyone using to hold their motors to their mounts? My mount only allows for m3 bolts which I think are a little on the thin side....

Is your servo mounted using existing holes in the chassis or did you have to drill the holes?

Also, what size bolts is everyone using to hold their motors to their mounts? My mount only allows for m3 bolts which I think are a little on the thin side....

Mounted using existing holes and PBS mounts. It's sturdy but could do with a pbs top plate too to fettle down. M4 I believe? Plus shakeproof washer plus threadlock!

Huktonfonics what rx box are you using on yours.really want something like that for mine

DazzaClio nailed it, was easy to mount, was just a case of reaming 2 holes in the side guard, its tighter than a ducks bum.