• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

***Hyper Owners Club***

Revorocks

Guys, what's the best shock towers? Am I right in thinking it's the PBS ones? My rear one bent on me twice today, I'm thinking after bending it back twice the third time is good night!

Sent from my HTC one using my thumbs

I would say hyper ST or SS

Rob

I think that's the fella I've seen before! Shall order one after my replacement comes and eventually breaks aswell!

Must say though it is pretty tough and the initial bent tower was thanks to far too much throttle and landing upside down from about 6ft!

Sent from my HTC one using my thumbs

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm leaning towards getting a 7 or SS for my first car (will be bashing for now in local parks/heaths). I know Pappasmurf thought it was probably worth going for the 7 and saving money, but was just wondering if there are any contrary views, and if so, why?

Also, for both 7 and SS they seem to do two models, a .21 3 port and .28 6 port, e.g.:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-hyper-ss-.21-race-3-port-rtr-white/rc-car-products/370438
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-hyper-ss-machstar-28-6-port-rtr-black/rc-car-products/370439

From what I've learnt so far, the .21 version would be more zippy although does the fact the .28 have a 6 port make that more akin to the .21 as well? Does anyone have any advice as to which one to go for?

Thanks,

Josh

Edited by josh2

Out of interest would a tuned pipe improve the acceleration of the .21 or just boost the existing power curve?

They can affect the power curve depending on what you fit. Have a look into the JP range of pipes, 1-4 all produce differing improvements from low down to top-end to an improved curve throughout.

hyper7.jpg

Bought this hyper 7 off ebay about a month ago. Fully stripped and rebuilt it with titanium screw kit, big bore shocks, carbon fibre parts, savox 1256 servo, losi 8 battery tray, alloy chassis braces and filled diffs with oil. 

Running 2300kv thrust motor on 4s, debating getting a Castle MM and trying 6s

• Like 2

Just had my first hands on with my brushless hyper & WOW is all I can say. I really don't see the point in nitro anymore lol

Just one question.... How warm/hot should the motor get? I don't have a temp gun but can keep hold of the motor for 7-10 seconds before I need to let go.

Rob