• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC18 Owners club!

Thatsliam

Ran mine the other day changed the gearing back to 15/55 from er.. something else, can't remember had better acceleration, but prefer higher top end.

Also got an ally rear arm mount as when I do a special landing (crash) the pin comes out of the mount and the dogbone and spring go flying. So had enough of that and got an upgrade.

Mmm, ally.

IMG_6575-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What would you guys say are essential upgrades? i heard an rpm bumper is a good idea, but is it much better than the one that is on it atm? and also i have heard uprated shock towers are a must, which ones?

I'm pretty sure that's an RPM bumper on it already ;)

It'll say rpm on the bottom if it is, even if it isn't rpm it still looks the same. Does the same job by protecting the shocks.

I'm glad I've got one on mine...

Edited by bugster

It arrived today! the back of that shell is purple btw not black :lol: the car looks awesome, really tidy with all those lovely aluminium bits :P i think i will keep it brushed for a little while because i hear the brushed motor that came with it is quite fast! what lipos would you guys reccomend? 2s because i will be racing.

you can't buy just the shock cap? that sucks

http://rcmodelimports.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=397 what about them , they do front and rear ,plus shock bodies,and adjustable spring perches cheap as , just use your pistons and shock shafts , or

• 9 years later...
On 21/11/2021 at 08:33, JosephC said:

Anybody still on here collecting 18’s or better yet, still driving them?

Sold all mine  lack of spares.  they should bring it back  as it was a very good strong car