• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Really need some engine help

caddie

HI all,

Really need help, i crashed my hyper 7 into a Kerb the other day after the hump pack fell out, since repairing straitening out etc, i have set it to rear wheel drive untill the new drive shaft comes.

However.

Since trying to use the engine since I lack torque and am only managing to ge 2-3 mph from short blips of the throttle.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Could it be cause its 2WD or because it wnet crazy upside down going to mental RPM for about 5 seconds as i rushed over?

Many thanks in advance

ben

Have you clocked the centre diff if it has one?

Otherwise all the power will be lost rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ruhel

i was going to say the same, if you havent locked up the centre diff it will try and push all the power to were the drive isnt getting to, and that will be the front is this is what have been taken out?

mmmm not sure,

so if this is the case if i was to add the front drive shaft all should be fine?

Yep

Use either blu tak of if there is one a diff locker.

Edited by Ruhel

Cheers guys, got it sorted now, and have seen the full potential. man its quick.

just need to tune the brakes as it slows down, but slowly.

also think i may need to upgrade my servo for steering? i sheered few teeth when crashed, so put in a futaba s3003, but it strugles a little. any suggestion?

Cheers guys, got it sorted now, and have seen the full potential. man its quick.

just need to tune the brakes as it slows down, but slowly.

also think i may need to upgrade my servo for steering? i sheered few teeth when crashed, so put in a futaba s3003, but it strugles a little. any suggestion?

Savox 1256 if you want something that'd last. It even has titanium gears in the servo, which are impossable to break. :whistling:

But for a cheaper option, a Power HD is probably best, although it won' necessarily last as long.