• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage

Bad-Co

need a battery 136mm (L) x 46mm (W) x some (H)

There's various holes on the battery holder posts to allow for thicknesses.

I think this fits but its a very tight fit between the posts

http://www.modelspor...-products/34216

where as this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURNIGY-5200mah-7-4V-30C-40C-HARDCASE-LIPO-BATTERY-UK-/250820015916?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3a6609b72c

is too long and you'll need to modify the battery holder to hold it.

Edited by Bad-Co

Indoors we use Mini-pins, outdoors we use the minispikes you linked to. And yes, you cut the outer row of spikes off the fronts to prevent them digging in and rolling the car over on tight corners.

Both types are however very soft and really only meant for racing. They are fine on grass, but won't last long on hard surfaces. A few runs on tarmac and they will be bald.

Its a hex fit (12mm?) so there are lots of wheel options - but look for wheels for a Kyosho or Tamiya. Many 1/10ths use pin fit or smaller hexes so they won't work....

well i managed to take the car to the park for its first run :good: straght away running on 4200 2s lipo's it was very quick and really impressed, had a few roll overs and no body parts broke (and that was on concrete) but then something happened, seems the car wasnt running as fast as earlier on ^_^ so took it home to find out i lost a grub screw on the drive so car was running in front wheel drive only, so will have to go to the local model shop and get a packet of grub screws,......anyone know whats best to lock these in ?? will locktite do ?.

apart from that for the money its got to be worth it, ordered a few spares from prawnracing so i can take it to the local club night :)

how fast did u hit the car tyre at O.o because its my second day bashing mine and its landed badly on quite afew jumps and not a thing has broken yet.

Was jumping on grass though so i guess its softer.

had mine racing at a local club on friday night :confused: shame i couldnt handle it to save my life, new tyres will sort that to an extent, although one lad who can drive had a go and said it actually went pretty good for a RTR and the new tyres will make a huge difference. i crashed it a lot- head first into walls and full speed sideways into walls, few jumps and nothing broke...at the minute its still too fast for my limilted driving skills :lol:

I got my brushless back in July.

Not very happy with it though :confused:

Have used it about 10 times and everytime I take it out something brakes.

Have lost drive shaft grubb screws, Motor securing screws, and also the motor cog grubb screw fell out yesterday. Every time I have used threadlock when putting them back in But I am afraid to use it now incase something else goes on it. And takes something else with it :(

I feel that they haven't been built to a very good quality. Unless it is just the one that I have got. (I always get the bad ones!!!!!):(

Unsure what to do with it as I really like it and it is very quick.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Bagpuss

It sounds like something is bent or buckled. If you keep loosing screws the cause has to be vibrations, which for an electric car normally means a bent driveshaft or a buckled/poorly balanced wheel.

All RTR's should be double checked before first run.

They are mass produced and at the speed they are put together nothing could be "hand tight"

I'm a little disappointed with mine but in general it is value for money.

Its a great starting point for someone either new to RC's or new to electrics.(me)

I've learnt my leason with it and the truth if someone asked me is.

"its a great car for the price, but if you can spare a little bit more money or save for a little while then buy something

a little more well known"

Edited by Bad-Co