• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I'm new to RC

caddie

HI,

I am new to RC have had a decent electric car for years, but now im after a Nitro buggy, but i want to build from scratch.

I was wondering if anyone can help with a list of what i will need, or any sites that may be of use.

Also will i be able to use my radio gear from my electic?

cheers

sorry if i have posted into the wrong place

Firstly the main thing you need to tell us is your budget.

Once that is established, we can certainly point you in the direction which suits you best.

You can use the radio gear from your electric car. Depending on what it is though, you may have to get 2 more servos. As if its a small electric car the standard servo in that may not be powerful enough for a 1/8th

I dont want a cheap car but dont want to go over the top. I want it to last. so from looking at products on mrket etc lookign around 300, but this can vary either way, but would like to limit it as much as possible. Im gonna dig out my old electric and take some pictures and see what you think

I'd say don't build from scratch yet mate. Get yourself a decent nitro and if/when it goes wrong then learn more about it when you fix it.

And then when you have some more money buy a second car and build that one from scratch!

Only my advice though as it's what I've done. Tinkered with 2 fully assembled cars fitting upgraded parts and repairs etc! Learnt enough to be confident I can build one from scratch now.

It can be v.stressful building yourself when you don't know 100% what your doing and something goes wrong!

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the radio set up. Well that will depend on whether it is a 2.4 digital or not.A 2.4ghz means no more crystals would be required and less risk of a run away due to radio inference.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

hi guys im a newbie to but i would like to know what the difference is between nitro cars and petrol cars? i dont want to spend all my time tuning im not into that i dont find fitting parts and replacing bits and fixing things. What is my best option and looking between

Petrol runs of petrol, they are large scale 1/5

They have very long run times and hardest to brake

Nitro runs of off nitro fuel 16%-25%

Short run times 10 mins

Need tuning

Petrol will be out of your price range because they are about 500 pound second hand

Nitro would be in your price range but needs tuning

If you realy don't want to tune

Then I would advise you get a electric car

Edited by (-:AD:-)