• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hot bodies D8/T owners club

Just thought I would update what's happening with my D8 Hara & D8E.

What's keepping me from getting them finnished is I'm waiting for Parcel Farce to pull it's god damn finger out and actually get my goods to me instead of having them sit at their Nottingham depot!!

Waiting for shock towers for the D8 from the US, need to paint for the Bulldog shell . Diffs for the D8E. pluss radio tray from Modelsport.

I seem to be waiting for evrybody elts these days :sly::whistling:

Well I've been working on my D8Te tonight, I know it's taking me forever but money doesn't grow in trees and this build isn't in half measures.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to order a CVD shaft and rebuild kit because of HPI/Hot Bodies and their bloody red threadlock, I rounded a hex in the grub screw that holds the pin in place. :whistling:

Anyway some pics of the story so far...

IMG-20120605-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20120605-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20120605-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20120605-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20120605-WA0005.jpg

So I need that CVD shaft and rebuild kit, LiPo's, tyres although I did buy some Badlands but they don't fit because they're Traxxas beads. I need to get the body painted but not sure on colour etc, thinking about getting that done professionally?

Oh and I forgot servo arms, think that's all...

Edited by JayJ

Looking sweey there!! :thumbsup:

See you got an electro-clutch there? You'll have to let us all know how that feels under the trigger?!

Thanks mate! :good:

I chose the Elektriclutch because I liked the idea of being able to adjust the brake bias which should giving the feeling of running a Nitro, plus should put less stress in the motor.

I will let you know how it performs when I eventually get it finished. lol

Swyped from a distant star, the other side of the Galaxy on my Slim ICS powered GT-I9100

Edited by JayJ

Well I placed the order, of all the places Wheelspin models! I tried MS, JE & Apex, none even had the D8T listed let alone stock. Tried Wheelspin and to my surprise not only did they list the D8T but they had stock!

So I've ordered the CVD shaft 67805, a CVD rebuild kit 67404 and two Fastrax alloy servo horns/arms.

Also ordered some tyres from eBay, Hot Bodies tyres which I'm going to mount in the stock wheels until I decide what to put on the JConcepts Rulux wheels I have?

That just leaves LiPo's.

Edited by JayJ

Well finnished my D8 Hara's new shell aaaaaaaaaaaaand finally got my carbon fibre shock towers from A-main. :partyhat:

Parcel Force, you are a joke!! :angrymad: My towers arived in the UK on the 20/5/2012 & I didn't get them till 08/06/2012 ! In that time I had other parcels from the USA & Hong Kong. & then the slapped me with a

Looking forward to those picture djr2096!!

Got my parts from Wheelspin Models today, CVD shaft and rebuild kit was my main concern which is now complete with Tekno stub axles and fitted to the D8Te. But...

I need some more help guys? I have a Kyosho plastic spur fitted to my D8Te but it's wider than the stock metal one and now the CD mount cover doesn't fit, anybody running a leccy conversion offer some advice please??

EDIT: What spray should I use for the body? I want Metalic Gunmetal, Polycarbonate or Acrylic??

Edited by JayJ

For your shell you need polycarbonate. You can back it with acryilic but always use polycarbonate for lexan!

As to your problem with spur gear. I would try putting spaces between the mount & the cover to lift it a bit. Try washers or maybe the spaces for the rear hubs you wanted!

Hope that helps!

Ok well here are the pics of my D8 Hara now I've done the shell & added a few little extras!

dsc06447a.jpg

Still quite stock apart from some JQ washers in red, T-works wing washers in red, T-works titanium turnbuckles & Xtream racing carbon fibre shock towers!

And here's my new shell & paint job!

dsc06448xc.jpg

dsc06450p.jpg

dsc06451d.jpg

That looks bloody nice mate! Did you spray the body yourself? Nice job!! :thumbsup: Going for something simple for mine, the only body I've sprayed before is a Traxxas Prografix and that was Black! lol

Thanks for your reply earlier, the spray is useful but I don't think I can space the CD mount cover as I need the cams to reach the brake pads because of the Elektri-clutch set up? I think I either need another cover that will work or a thinner spur gear?? Only other thing I can think of to run the stock metal spur gear but not keen on that with an E conversion.

Anyway, another step closer.

IMG_20120610_162650.jpg

IMG_20120610_162633.jpg

IMG_20120610_162619.jpg

One of the tyres is glued but I have three left to go, got fed up of glue all over my fingers! lol

Edited by JayJ

Ah I see. That was was the first idea that cam into my head!

Yeah sprayed the shell myself. Was a real pain as I used Parma masks & they leack like crazy!

They tell ya to press bown hard on your mask before you paint, what they don't tell ya is that they will creap up as you paint! :yawn:

Oh well end result is still good!

• 2 weeks later...

Well finaly got the radio tray for my D8E.

Had to cancel the on from Modelsport as it had been on order for over a month, & was just taking tooooooooooooooooooooooo long. Want to get some better electronics for it next!

dsc06461jt.jpg

dsc06462q.jpg

dsc06463e.jpg

She has the Ty Tessman/Trophy/Lightning arms on. Very little droop. Seems like you could run longer front shocks if you ask me.

She handles ok on road, get to see how she handles off road later on the week!

Now for the bodyshell. Hope you all like it!

dsc06464a.jpg

dsc06465l.jpg

That looks very nice!

I've cut my D8T's body out, now just waiting on my MS order for Spray and Servo horns which I got a dispatch email yesterday so might be there when I finish work. Changed the springs in my Elektri-clutch and now have a Tekno RC Traktion Drive.

Once that's done comes the scary bit, I've got to solder the motor and ESC.....:unsure:

• Like 1

Aarrgghh.......

Did some work on my D8Te last night, finished a few final bits like the cams and brake linkage but run into a snag...

...bloody sensor wire for the Tekin is too short!

I don't know what to do, I don't really want to run it without but are all sensor wires the same?

Swyped from a distant star, the other side of the Galaxy on my Slim ICS powered GT-I9100

They look like C1 Arms to me. I think he's just shaved the bit down where the shock screws to the arms for a better screw fit!

Aarrgghh.......

Did some work on my D8Te last night, finished a few final bits like the cams and brake linkage but run into a snag...

...bloody sensor wire for the Tekin is too short!

I don't know what to do, I don't really want to run it without but are all sensor wires the same?