• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Advice

simon76

think im guna av to wait n save up for a hpi baja but dus me head in waitin for stuff lol once again thanks for the input guys will keep u all posted on this

I have both nitro and petrol and have to admit that if all I was doing was bashing and not racing then it would be nitro every time for me as I find them more fun and once you know what you are doing they are easy to tune, yes they may well need altering for different weather conditions but it is quick and easy once you are able to tell by ear what needs tweaking.

Since I bought my hormann I have spent all my spare time messing with it and trying to improve the set up etc and had forgotten just how much more fun a little nitro buggy can be until I took it out for a little blast last week.

I'm sorry but have you seen how fast a Baja with a decent engine and pipe goes? They are ballistic!

Certainly not slow, if anything they are faster than most nitro's when they've had some money spent on them.

As for electric they are more toyish, but as soon as you jam the throttle and do a standing backflip people quickly realise they are powerful lol. I'd like to see you do that with a nitro :D

As you said , "than most"

There straight liners , there heavy , they dont handle ,

A 1/8 buggy with a good engine , not your ready to run junk no offence

And your laughing

As you said , "than most"

There straight liners , there heavy , they dont handle ,

A 1/8 buggy with a good engine , not your ready to run junk no offence

And your laughing

None taken, and I'm not denying it ofc a 1/8 race buggy will be faster. But does that really matter? He's not racing so a Baja or something would be great fun.

Can't beleive this...

I've had Revo's Nitro and leccy... Loved 'em both

I've got Savages Nitro and leccy... Love 'em both

I really want want a Baja 5b... Really really love 'em and becoming obsessive about it :good:

But I am seeing more and more this comes down to the....

I've got a ZX Spectrum 128k and you've got a Commadore 64 kind of argument of the '80's :rofl:

Now I'm just showing my age... Damn

Can't beleive this...

I've had Revo's Nitro and leccy... Loved 'em both

I've got Savages Nitro and leccy... Love 'em both

I really want want a Baja 5b... Really really love 'em and becoming obsessive about it :good:

But I am seeing more and more this comes down to the....

I've got a ZX Spectrum 128k and you've got a Commadore 64 kind of argument of the '80's :rofl:

Now I'm just showing my age... Damn

Don't suppose you remember a game "chucky egg" lol

I think they all have their place.

I had a Kingmotor Baja so not the best example of a petrol but there were things that I did enjoy about it;

Ease of use of the engine> prime, pull, go every time.

The scale, there is something quite impressive about a 1:5 flying over the sand dunes.

I quite liked the noise although it did limit where you could use it and it is a subjective thing.

What I didn't like was the scale, ok I know I just said I liked it BUT it did also limit what was a suitable location to run the thing. The final nail in its coffin though was the cost of repairs. Maybe I was bashing it too hard, maybe the kingmotor's quality wasn't up with the best but break a shock and it was big money to replace, same with almost any component part on the thing.

Would I have another one? Yes, I would but I'd be more prepared for the costs. I would also like to look at fabricating my own aluminium parts which would reduce the overall running costs but this isn't something I have got into yet.