• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What truggy to buy?

Hi everyone, been looking at seling my lst2-e as a roller and using the electrics in a truggy.

I've got my heart set on an mbx5t, as they are strong and light and handle great.

However, would there be a better car to purchase? It will be converted to brushless.

I've got around

i have a converted hyper st pro

it has a hpi tork 2200 motor

150 amp hobbyking esc

savox steering servo

hong nor big bores

t-bone bumpers F/R

i run it with turnigy 4s nano tech 5000mah 50c lipo's

18t pinion and a 48 spur

spider diffs all round

DX3.0

went to a bash in bristol yesterday with a load of baja's and various other nitro's

the st blew them all away what an amazing truggy handles really well and can't half take a kicking(30mph kart wheels are shrugged off with ease) it just keeps going

was looking into getting the caster k8 the leccy one as i have the caster fusion ex1.5 pro and that is an awesome buggy and i think its based on the mugen or is a clone

do mugen do an electric buggy/truggy or will it have to be converted??

cheers

andy

:good:

Cheers guys. Where would be the best place to order mugen parts from?

eBay doesn't offer much!

After seeing the punishment my mates mugen buggy takes I would be thinking you won't be needing many parts :whistling: Alternatively try to find a lightning stadium pro , I have and will be going brushless on it as soon as the trophy flux is released :good:

I loved my XRAY XT8 when I had it, and before that a Hyper ST Pro... The XRAY was a better truck all round IMO though, very strong, handled exceptionally well and is designed beautifully. The spring steel driveshafts can take a lot of power through them and abuse generally, so ideal for BL conversions. It seems to be a particular favourite of RC Monsters, which says a lot I think. Parts are easilly got hold of too, certainly easier and cheaper than Mugen, generally cheaper than HB.

I loved my XRAY XT8 when I had it, and before that a Hyper ST Pro... The XRAY was a better truck all round IMO though, very strong, handled exceptionally well and is designed beautifully. The spring steel driveshafts can take a lot of power through them and abuse generally, so ideal for BL conversions. It seems to be a particular favourite of RC Monsters, which says a lot I think. Parts are easilly got hold of too, certainly easier and cheaper than Mugen, generally cheaper than HB.

my trusty XT8 now biggrin.gif although it's got a few more scrapes since i got it off you Lawrence, but yeah i was gonna say XT8 too good.gif

mugen didn't pull out the UK, their only UK distributed (models in motion) went bust. they will soon have a UK based website and a distributed.

mugen dont break ^_^ but if you do need parts contact Russ at future world models, he imports the parts direct from Germany. so its only a few days wait

FWM is a 40 minute drive from me and next to my nearest track :)

Looking at possibly getting an mbx5r now, although my heart is definately set on a mugen 5 series of some sort!

I thought FWM was next to Herts Nitro Model Club?

Nope its in Oakley Bedfordshire :) go there frequently for obvious reasons ^_^

Future World Models

Unit 5B, Oakley Park

Oakley

Bedford

MK43 7RB