• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Can u switch the arms over on the newer model? I've seen this being advised but only on posts years ago(not that I know how long the flux has been out for!),did u get any adverse effects from switching them around?

I'm looking at getting a wheelie bar looked at the recommended tbone(I have the bumpers) but with import tax and delivery its gonna work out around

So far I have had no adverse affects however I had seen mentioned in one thread where someone had tried it and then didn't like the angle of the shocks, however I don't see it being a problem :-D I don't know whether the actual arms on the new and old models are any different, and for that matter which one I have! Hehe, got it second hand didn't I :-P

Dunno about the wheelie bar I have just killed my body at the. Rear but just apply power smoothly if I don't want a wheelie, can't be bothered with spending more money

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone else have issues with the sterring not going back into central setting(resetting) properly? i feel like the servo saver is stopping the car from steering properly(reducing movement and not allowing it to return to central) anyone else had this issue? is there a way to remove the servo saver?

• 2 weeks later...

out last night to bash with my son and my beloved FS was dead. Don't remember putting it away that way. Just removed the ESC...

ahe5yhed.jpg

Beware mice can damage your FS more than you can!

More importantly is there a way to repair / replace this cable - runs from the ESC to the Receiver or do I need a new ESC? Ouch!

I would cut the wires both sides of the frayed wires and pull the 3 wires apart so you can solder each wire together again and slip a bit of heat shrink over to stop shorting or some electrical tape. Then put a larger piece over everything

• 2 weeks later...

I chose the alloy hubs as lots of people use them on other kits, with the plastic part snapping regularly why not replace it as there is plenty if flex elsewhere, it's different to alloy arms and shock towers

Also got my Tbone bumper today :-D

avese3u9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dug out our firestorm after my son killed it bashing it hard & landed it on it's rear end, causing the motor to slip & strip the spur, tore the wheelie bar off the rear bulkhead so I need to re drill 2 x more holes to bolt it back together & replace the spur.

It's been good to leave it a while as now we both have fresh interest in getting it up an running again.

I'm thinking of dremmeling the battery tray to allow for my turnigy blues which have side exit cables, but I'm concerned that it will weaken the chassis?

yeah common problem on heavy rear landings is the motor moving and spur stripping.

I know a few people who've taken a notch out of the side of the battery tray towards the front and none have reported and noticable weakening of the chassis.

My boy needs a new motor in his fs....I can get a brand new 4800kv stock hpi one for 40 quid delivered from usa ...hes got the stock esc...running stock gearing as far as I'm aware....or is the there any others I sbould b looking at?? Got a b 40 quid or less...he runs 4500mh 2s turny blues.......

the 3800 will work but will be slower on a like for like replacement. If you want the same speed without shelling out on a combo i would look for others around the same kv or just get the hpi one again.

the 3800 will work but will be slower on a like for like replacement. If you want the same speed without shelling out on a combo i would look for others around the same kv or just get the hpi one again.

thought this mite b the case...doubt couldget a combo for Edited by evssv