• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Quick question.

Hpi e firestorm that was brushed but is now on lipo and brushless. What is the stock pinion? I want two more pinions, one for faster top speed and one for when I am at the race track (Tarmac) where I can't get near top speed so better to have torque and acceleration .

Suggestions of tooth numbers please.

It's on standard tyres if thathelps

I just had a rando thought pop into my head. Now this has probably been asked many times before but, can you easily convert an E-Firesotrm into a Blitz.

Because I've been looking at them (pardon my ignorance if this is a foolish assumtion) and the only differences I can seen between them is wheels, bumpers and bodyshell.

.... there is the way. Usually you will have to replace loads of parts.

Might be cheaper to sell Fire and buy Blitz

What else I have found on the net:

NOT MY POST...

From that experience I would say that you need HPI part tree's:

+ Blitz Chassis

+ some spring to finetune suspension

I would think that you can use tranny (spur gear is different), shocks etc straight from Firestorm.

I hope this helped and I hope this was correct info.

EDIT: And of course you need some other bits like:

Edited by Dadon

.... there is the way. Usually you will have to replace loads of parts.

Might be cheaper to sell Fire and buy Blitz

What else I have found on the net:

NOT MY POST...

From that experience I would say that you need HPI part tree's:

+ Blitz Chassis

+ some spring to finetune suspension

I would think that you can use tranny (spur gear is different), shocks etc straight from Firestorm.

I hope this helped and I hope this was correct info.

EDIT: And of course you need some other bits like:

Ok, but could you just get a bodyshell, wheels and bumpers and make it look like a Blitz?

I think my esc died tonight my car shot off on its own even though it was all turned off new if I plug the battery in it just goes on its own it lost reverse just before I stopped using it ?

Mate, it sounds more like a receiver to transmitter communication breakdown or an actual failure of one or both those parts. Try a rebind of Tx/Rx and see how that goes. If that doesn't work recalibrate you ESC with you radio gear.

I did a rebind and failsafe setup its still the same when the car is turned off and I connect battery it revs max power if I unplug motor and turn the car on the esc light is green so the esc thinks its in neutral and it goes red when using controller forward and it flashes red/green when going backwards (don't think that's correct )but then if I plug motor in it revs . Goingvto take it back to the shop tomorrow

With the ESC turned of it should NEVER send power to the motor, buggered or not mate. If you haven't got a spare ESC and, especially, if your shop is local best bet is to nip it back there :thumbsup:

So turned on my E-Firestorm to double check my battery had charged, and when I put the throttle up to about 30% speed, I get a very throaty, unhealthy sounding noise coming from my motor.

It's only at this speed though, any faster or slower it runs fine. What is this and how do I sort it?