• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show Us Your Savvy!

dazzi220

lol I've been spraying off cuts and any clear plastic I can get my hands on its dam hard with a duel action brush trying to control the paint flow for finer work.

I use a brush at work everyday aswell! its still solid, not to mention the cost in thinners.

I'm gonna spray a savvy shell soon, nothing like sebs ofcourse but it should be better than normal.....hopefully

yeh i reckon its around 3 3/4 litres for £22

I was paying £16 for 2.5 litres of tornado

Same here but £17 for the Tornado, good choice Dazzi, my Revo is alot easier to tune, and don't get the cutting out at full tilt, seems to hold the engine temp in check when on WOT. I didn't know about the extra oil before but that does explain my easeir running I think :huh:

I was paying £16 for 2.5 litres of tornado

Really?? My LHS does 5l of 25% tornado at £25. They do O'donnell 25% in 1US gallon (3.79l) for £22. So i just pick either one which they have in stock but i try to stick with tornado as much as poss (just because it comes in a larger quantity).

Tornado = £5 a litre

O'Donnel = £5.80 a litre

Say an engine lasts 5US gallons, its only £16 more for the O'Donnell fuel for the whole life of your engine.

Really?? My LHS does 5l of 25% tornado at £25. They do O'donnell 25% in 1US gallon (3.79l) for £22. So i just pick either one which they have in stock but i try to stick with tornado as much as poss (just because it comes in a larger quantity).

Tornado = £5 a litre

O'Donnel = £5.80 a litre

Say an engine lasts 5US gallons, its only £16 more for the O'Donnell fuel for the whole life of your engine.

£16 for the 2.5L, they don't sell the 5L

Yeah I meant it costs you £32 for each 5l (2.5lx2) when my LHS does the 5l at £25. Ask your LHS if they can start stocking in the larger quantity in (might be £27 RRP for the torando 5l 25%, but i get discount so only £25 for me :)). Would save you a bit in the long run and just stand on them if they say no.

Edited by yoclick

lol, all this stuff bout fuel,

Well in my lil storage compartment ;)

I have, a half a gall of o'donnals, (not much left)

A 2.5L thingy of tornado just bout full

And a gallon bottle of pro-synth of matt, (about 1/3rd left)

So i have loads of different ones, altho only been using the pro-synth :D

Rick

Does it matter if it cost a little more for fuel if you can get an extra gallon out of it before it toasts itself??

I have no idea of course how long a block will last, but my tiny Nitro Sport TRX .15 did over 8 gallons and was still good, depends how you drive I guess :huh:

as said, wont notice a diff, but it will deffo run cleaner and maybe smother inthe long ru. proects it better as well. so if u forget to use after run oil, tis no biggy

Don't take this the wrong way m8, are you assuming or is there really that much extra synth oil in the fuel?? Good news all the way :good: Cos I find putting in after run a pain in my furry a### :D

now now Tiggles

yeh I think there is extra oil, I noticed it with 16% tornado, the o'donnels dried alot more waxxy where as the tornado was more greasier

altho i'm sure tornado has more than enough oils, so both are good

there is more castor oil in o donnals than tornado. tornado is purely ment for racing, it has less oil, meaning more rpm and takes less time to get to that rpm.

o donnals is now become qucikly more popular over tornado due toit having more oil, even racerss are starting to switch to it

there is more castor oil in o donnals than tornado. tornado is purely ment for racing, it has less oil, meaning more rpm and takes less time to get to that rpm.

o donnals is now become qucikly more popular over tornado due toit having more oil, even racerss are starting to switch to it

Well I prefered O'Donnels after I switched from Torny anyway, and now I feel so much better for doing so, thx madmanluke :good:

This Tiggles ain't going back ........ wait a mo TIGGLES??? *sigh* I hate you Dazzi :(

;)